Drug Index:

Namenda Forums

Recently active Namenda forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Namenda and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 1     New Thread     RSS Feed
Drugs It Introact With Smz Tmp Ds 800 160 Tab Interpharm
i take alot of meds and i want to know if some of my meds dont introact with ## I would like to know if SMZ/TMP DS 800-160 tabs Interpharm have any contraindicated effects with Namenda, or Donepezil. My 92 yr old mother was prescribed this drug for a UTI last week. She has Alzheimer's, however, since taking this medicine, she has become very agitated, shaky, much more confused & weakened. She also takes Metoprolol, Potassium CL, Omeprazole, Lisinopril, Citalopram, & Pravastatin Sodium. I am just at a complete loss as to why these symptoms have come on so suddenly. she is also unable to sleep. Please help. I am the sole caregiver for my Mother, my husband in in Afghanistan, and I am 53 yrs old & not in the "greatist" conditin either. Thank You. Most sincerely, Lor...
Updated 1 month ago.
   5  Subscribe to thread 221146
namenda memantine hci light blue oval with fl other side 10
Message: I found in my boyfriends pants while washing clothes.i asked where he got it from he said a friend if his.what is it??? ## Hi, Star! How are you? Memantine is a medication that's actually used to treat Alzheimer's Disease, it can help with dementia. Side effects may include nausea, confusion, dizziness and headache. Learn more Namenda details here.
Updated 9 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 248626
Oblong light orange pill with FL in one side and a #5 in the other
Oblong light peach color tablet with FL in one side and 5 in the other side, in dented in the middle. ## I located the oblong tablet in description to be Namenda (5 mg). It is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease. To view more information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you. ## I found 2 of these in the basement of my dad's house. The Namenda description above makes sense as he was always scared of Alzheimer's and had quite a bit of memory loss at the age of 87. His mother had Alzheimer's.
Updated 1 year ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 211310
Torrent Pharmacy
Wife diagnosed with Parkinsons disease on Jan 16, 2006. She takes Sinmet, Namenda, Citalopram HBR (your manufacture), Exelon, Vitamin D, Vitamin B, and Ibuprophen. About 20+ pills a day. She has a terrible time taking your pills (1 and 1/2 20 mg tablets at breakfast). For some reason the Citalopram sticks to her tongue and she simply doesn't seem to be able to get them down. The other pills are not very difficult. I've tried apple sauce, yogurt, honey, juice, water, grinding them up into a powder (pills do not pulverize and many granules remain in the glass). She eats a normal amount of food; slowly but normal quantity. How can I help her swallow the Citalopram pills from you? Loran K. {edited for privacy} ## This website is not the manufacturer of any prescription medication, n...
Updated 1 year ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 241612
Namenda essentiaALZ Care Package
I would like to receive some of the Namenda essestiaALZ Care Packages. I am the Social Services Director at Baya Pointe Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. 587 SE Ermine Ave., Lake City, FL 32025. I have used this package at a prior facility that I worked at and the package is great for families who have a loved one newly dx'd. Thank you in advance, if you can send me more packages. ## I work with an Area Agency on Aging 60 + years of age. Ou Ombudsman have used the essentialALZ care packages for loved ones diagnosed and or the patient themselves. Could you please send us some more of the care packages. Thank You ## I would like to get some copies of the essentiALZ care packcage. I work in several nursing homes who could benefit from the package. How can I get them? ## I would like...
Updated 1 year ago.
   6  Subscribe to thread 207398
Oval Pill F L 10
i found it and do not know what it is. should i destroy it? ## I located the oval tablet in description to be Namenda (10 mg). It is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease. To view more information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you.
Updated 2 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 214727
Namenda Effects
My mother is in her third month of taking Namenda. She is wanting to sleep all the time. She is one that was an early riser and early to bed, but now she gets up whenever I call to check on her. I go over during the day and she's usually asleep. This has been going on for about 4 or 5 weeks. Namenda is her only medication. Could this be the reason for her wanting to sleep? ## One of the side effects of Namenda is drowsiness. Perhaps your mother is more susceptible to this particular side effect. I suggest that you contact her physician to let him know about her sleep habits and ask if perhaps he needs to adjust the dosage, or if this drug may not be appropriate for her. By the way, other side affects include the following: confusion, dizziness, headache, insomnia, agitation, and/or ...
Updated 2 years ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 222716
oblong white pill fl 10
round white pill fl 10 ## Based on your two different descriptions, I located the oblong white pill marked FL 10 to be Namenda (10 mg) and the round white pill marked FL 10 to be Lexapro (10 mg). Namenda is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease. To view information about Namenda, please follow the link below... Lexapro is an antidepressant used for the treatment of major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder; other indications include social anxiety disorder, panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder. You can view a more detailed description of the drug, by clicking on the link below... Please post back if you have any more questions or comments to add.
Updated 2 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 210750
oval pill fl 10
oval pill with fl on one side and 10 on the other ## I located the oval pill in description to be Namenda (10 mg). It is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease To view information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you.
Updated 3 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 199093
namenda essential alz care package
How can I obtain the NEMENDA ESSENTIAL ALZ CARE PACKAGE? ## Mom has AZ she can not a fford the price I was told it she lives on 1370.00 a month from social security since dad died what can I do to get this Namenda. Thank You
Updated 3 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 183735
gray oblong pill
F L on one side 10 on one side ## I located the gray tablet in description to be Namenda (10 mg). It is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease To view information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you.
Updated 3 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 209242
pill with a letter t on one side
gray tablet FL on one side 10 on other side ## I located the gray capsule-shaped tablet in description to be Namenda (10 mg). It is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease To view information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you.
Updated 3 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 208421
drug namenda
where can I get help to pay for the drug namenda. It cost $180.00 for one month? ## I need help in paying for the Namenda drug.My husband has lost his job and it has helped me immensly.My Dr. will fill out any forms needed.Please help.
Updated 3 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 194306
what is it for
I am helping a friend of mine. She is 78, confussed. How will this medication help her Her Deibetiesnis well advanced,. Thank you ## My mother is 81. She has been taking Aricept 10mg since Oct.2005. Today, 6/28/06 her doctor has prescribed Namenda. I would like to know what this is and how will it work along with the Aricept? ## The Namenda should not interfere with her diabetes or diabetes medication. It was prescribed to help her with dementia (memory loss) or alzheimer's disease. Side effects include tiredness, sore muscles, constipation and dizziness. To the person who asked about its interaction with Aricept. I was unable to find any indication that Namenda interferes or interacts with Aricept. ## carbatol,lonazep,lithosun,emetil are using for propurse.if there side effect of t...
Updated 4 years ago.
   3  Subscribe to thread 159876
Nemenda
for Alzheimer's I am a medical transcriptionist and need the correct spelling. Thank you! ## My husband has suffered with what we thought were complex partial Seizures but now they are saying they are not seizures and they want to put him on Nemenda ## The correct drug name is Namenda, it contains the active ingredient Memantine. ## My husband was on Paxil, Zyprexa, Topamax, Namenda and one other thing but I cant remember the name. He went off these COLD TURKEY about three years. He got very sick but then got better. Last year a situation with his father happened and he has acted and done some very strange things, which is too long to list. My question is after being off these meds could something have triggered his mind and set him back. He is acting more paranoid doing really off ...
Updated 4 years ago.
   3  Subscribe to thread 160970
used for MS
I have MS , for over 20 yrs , come and go remision, Now my MS has total affect my brain as if I have Alzheimer (mild) also sometimes like partkinson . Have been on all of the MS meds, my doctors wants to try me on namenda and my Gov't BC and BS will not cover it since I don't have Alzheimers , does any one know how i can see if the drug company can help me with the cost of this drug. I am completly disable can't not work due to the parts of the brain effected by my MS and I feel that I have nothing to lose by trying this drug. My doctor gave a a sample pack but i think you need to take this drug for a time to see if any change. THank you
Updated 7 years ago.
Namenda to boost tolerance of narcotics
Has anyone been prescribed Namenda along with their narcotic pain medication? I am trying to study the mode of action but it has been 30 yrs since I had chemisty in school and I failed it 2x before I got a tutor to help me pass it. This is straight out of one of the descriptions I found while trying to learn about it. Indications Memantine is indicated for the treatment of the symptoms of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease.[6][7] Memantine has been associated with a moderate decrease in clinical deterioration in Alzheimer's disease.[7] A systematic review of randomised controlled trials found that memantine has a small positive effect on cognition, mood, behaviour, and the ability to perform daily activities in moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease, but an unknown effec...
Updated 7 years ago.
Johhhn Beiseigel 2-27-16
Zyprex Namenda Lunesta
Updated 8 years ago.
NAMENDA
TABLET FOR MEMORY
Updated 8 years ago.
Namenda (memantine)

Updated 8 years ago.

Discuss Namenda

Discuss: Namenda

1) Title / Subject: *
Please use the title to feature the main keywords of your topic.

2) Message: *
Please be as detailed as possible.

3) Your Name: *

4) Email Address:

Subscribe to our Daily Health News - Top headlines emailed to you each day.