Namenda Forums

Recently active Namenda forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Namenda and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 2    Next Page     New Thread    RSS Feed
levo cal acetyl meco
Hi My neurology order me that medicine. I need one daily with Namenda, no pharmacy in PR have it. Thanks you
Updated 2 months ago.

Drugs It Introact With Smz Tmp Ds 800 160 Tab Interpharm
i take alot of meds and i want to know if some of my meds dont introact with ## I would like to know if SMZ/TMP DS 800-160 tabs Interpharm have any contraindicated effects with Namenda, or Donepezil. My 92 yr old mother was prescribed this drug for a UTI last week. She has Alzheimer's, however, since taking this medicine, she has become very agitated, shaky, much more confused & weakened. She also takes Metoprolol, Potassium CL, Omeprazole, Lisinopril, Citalopram, & Pravastatin Sodium. I am just at a complete loss as to why these symptoms have come on so suddenly. she is also unable to sleep. Please help. I am the sole caregiver for my Mother, my husband in in Afghanistan, and I am 53 yrs old & not in the "greatist" conditin either. Thank You. Most sincerely, Lor...
Updated 3 months ago.

Namenda drowsiness sideffect
I am currently taking Namenda 28MG for prevention of headaches. It seems to be working well. However, I am suffering from sever drowsiness. I am not allowed to have caffeine. Has anyone experienced this? Did the side effect go away? ## Hello, Jim! How are you? I'm very sorry about the problem you're experiencing. You're on the highest daily dose, so it isn't surprising that you'd experience more severe side effects. As listed by the FDA, this medication is well known to cause malaise, drowsiness and dizziness. How long have you been taking it? Side effects are usually transient and go away, one your body gets used to a medication, but it may take 4 to 6 weeks.
Updated 4 months ago.

NAMENDA NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE - FOREST LABS UNCONCERNED
Since mid July 2014 - critical shortage! This past month we have run into a critical shortage of an important Alzheimer medicine called Namenda, which the manufacturer is discontinuing the 5 and 10 mg versions to change over to their 'new' version Namenda XR. Unfortunately, they are supplying NEITHER version of this drug to pharmacies for over the 6 weeks, and the pharmacies are out! (Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Costco, RiteAid, Safeway, Giant, Target) MANUFACTURER: FOREST PHARMACEUTICALS. SUPPLIER: MCKESSON. Calling Forest Pharm is useless, they really don't seem to care about the critical shortage of this medication - it is a medication that once you stop it, you can NOT restart it!! That is critical! ## I'm not seeing anything about not being able to restart it, if it...
Updated 5 months ago.

Named a along with excel patch
My mom who has moderate Alzheimer's is prescribed both 14mg Namenda and 9.5 excel patch. Because of the high price of $351 a month and no noticeable improvement I haven't had her take the namenda for two months. Can we start her back on the same dose of namenda? ## Hello, Brian! How are you? It would be best to double check with her doctor first, to be safe. The FDA lists the typical side effects of this medication as possibly including dizziness, headache, constipation and body aches. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 9 months ago.

Administration
I want to know if Namenda inmediate release tables can be diluted in juice for easy swallowing.
Updated 11 months ago.

should i quit namenda and donepezil if am in severe dementia
My mother in law has had dementia for 15 years. It is getting so bad she doesn't know our names, can hold a conversation. Should she continue receiving Namenda and Donepezil? Also she constantly rubs her face, neck 7 chest. Starting at the top of her forhead with both hands and rubs all the way down to above the breasts. Then repeats as long a she is awake. Any help there ## Hello, Perplexed! How are you? Before making any change to her medications, please consult her doctor. Stopping them could cause her to go down hill at a very fast rate. Donepezil is known by the FDA to cause some psychiatric effects, so that might be what's causing her repeated actions. She may also experience nausea, urinary incontinence, fatigue, sore throat and anemia. Namenda may cause side effects, suc...
Updated 1 year ago.

medicine side effects can cause jerking
Namenda 5mg first and donepezil 5mg now. My mother is 84 and she is jerking constantly could this be a med side effect to those medications? ## Hello, Gigi! How is your mother doing? Yes, it could be due to the Namenda, it's more prone to causing them than the Donepezil, or it could even be due to taking them both. Other side effects, as listed by the FDA, may possibly include nausea, constipation, hypertension, dizziness and headache. Have you consulted her doctor?
Updated 1 year ago.

namenda xr
I have an elderly mother who was recently diagnosed with alzheimers. She is diabetic. Is this ok for her? She has had Sveta new symptoms appear just after starting Namenda ## Hello, Midge! How are you? Namenda XR is used to treat the memory loss and mental changes associated with Alzheimer's Disease. There are no warnings stating it can't be taken by diabetics, unless they have kidney or liver problems. Its side effects may include nausea, back pain, tiredness and headache. What type of symptoms have appeared?
Updated 1 year ago.

namenda memantine hci light blue oval with fl other side 10
Message: I found in my boyfriends pants while washing clothes.i asked where he got it from he said a friend if his.what is it??? ## Hi, Star! How are you? Memantine is a medication that's actually used to treat Alzheimer's Disease, it can help with dementia. Side effects may include nausea, confusion, dizziness and headache. Learn more Namenda details here.
Updated 3 years ago.

Oblong light orange pill with FL in one side and a #5 in the other
Oblong light peach color tablet with FL in one side and 5 in the other side, in dented in the middle. ## I located the oblong tablet in description to be Namenda (5 mg). It is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease. To view more information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you. ## I found 2 of these in the basement of my dad's house. The Namenda description above makes sense as he was always scared of Alzheimer's and had quite a bit of memory loss at the age of 87. His mother had Alzheimer's.
Updated 3 years ago.

Torrent Pharmacy
Wife diagnosed with Parkinsons disease on Jan 16, 2006. She takes Sinmet, Namenda, Citalopram HBR (your manufacture), Exelon, Vitamin D, Vitamin B, and Ibuprophen. About 20+ pills a day. She has a terrible time taking your pills (1 and 1/2 20 mg tablets at breakfast). For some reason the Citalopram sticks to her tongue and she simply doesn't seem to be able to get them down. The other pills are not very difficult. I've tried apple sauce, yogurt, honey, juice, water, grinding them up into a powder (pills do not pulverize and many granules remain in the glass). She eats a normal amount of food; slowly but normal quantity. How can I help her swallow the Citalopram pills from you? Loran K. {edited for privacy} ## This website is not the manufacturer of any prescription medication, n...
Updated 3 years ago.

Namenda essentiaALZ Care Package
I would like to receive some of the Namenda essestiaALZ Care Packages. I am the Social Services Director at Baya Pointe Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. 587 SE Ermine Ave., Lake City, FL 32025. I have used this package at a prior facility that I worked at and the package is great for families who have a loved one newly dx'd. Thank you in advance, if you can send me more packages. ## I work with an Area Agency on Aging 60 + years of age. Ou Ombudsman have used the essentialALZ care packages for loved ones diagnosed and or the patient themselves. Could you please send us some more of the care packages. Thank You ## I would like to get some copies of the essentiALZ care packcage. I work in several nursing homes who could benefit from the package. How can I get them? ## I would like...
Updated 3 years ago.

Oval Pill F L 10
i found it and do not know what it is. should i destroy it? ## I located the oval tablet in description to be Namenda (10 mg). It is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease. To view more information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you.
Updated 4 years ago.

Namenda Effects
My mother is in her third month of taking Namenda. She is wanting to sleep all the time. She is one that was an early riser and early to bed, but now she gets up whenever I call to check on her. I go over during the day and she's usually asleep. This has been going on for about 4 or 5 weeks. Namenda is her only medication. Could this be the reason for her wanting to sleep? ## One of the side effects of Namenda is drowsiness. Perhaps your mother is more susceptible to this particular side effect. I suggest that you contact her physician to let him know about her sleep habits and ask if perhaps he needs to adjust the dosage, or if this drug may not be appropriate for her. By the way, other side affects include the following: confusion, dizziness, headache, insomnia, agitation, and/or ...
Updated 4 years ago.

oblong white pill fl 10
round white pill fl 10 ## Based on your two different descriptions, I located the oblong white pill marked FL 10 to be Namenda (10 mg) and the round white pill marked FL 10 to be Lexapro (10 mg). Namenda is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease. To view information about Namenda, please follow the link below... Lexapro is an antidepressant used for the treatment of major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder; other indications include social anxiety disorder, panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder. You can view a more detailed description of the drug, by clicking on the link below... Please post back if you have any more questions or comments to add.
Updated 5 years ago.

oval pill fl 10
oval pill with fl on one side and 10 on the other ## I located the oval pill in description to be Namenda (10 mg). It is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease To view information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you.
Updated 5 years ago.

namenda essential alz care package
How can I obtain the NEMENDA ESSENTIAL ALZ CARE PACKAGE? ## Mom has AZ she can not a fford the price I was told it she lives on 1370.00 a month from social security since dad died what can I do to get this Namenda. Thank You
Updated 5 years ago.

gray oblong pill
F L on one side 10 on one side ## I located the gray tablet in description to be Namenda (10 mg). It is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease To view information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you.
Updated 5 years ago.

pill with a letter t on one side
gray tablet FL on one side 10 on other side ## I located the gray capsule-shaped tablet in description to be Namenda (10 mg). It is approved for treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease To view information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you.
Updated 5 years ago.