Drug Index:

Metoprolol Forums

Recently active Metoprolol forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Metoprolol and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 30  Next Page    New Thread     RSS Feed
metoprolol withdrawal
i've been taking metoprolol for several years as partial treatment for high blood pressure. through diet and xcercise, i've lowered my BP to the point my doctor says drop the metoprolol. i did, 3 days ago, and i'm soooo tired, dizzy, irritable, and my vision is blurred. is this withdrawal? how long will it last? i remember starting this medication was terrible to get used to. it appears that stopping it is just as bad. ## I am experiencing the same thing and I am tapering off of the metoprolol. I have only been on for a couple of months and now the withdrawal is just as bad. I am down to 12.5 mg two times a day. It is tough. ## it went away after a week or so. i feel great now, and my BP and heart rate have risen slightly, but thats the reason we stopped it. i've lost en...
Updated 4 days ago.
   188  Subscribe to thread 202479
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MET XL 25 AND ONLY Metoprolol WIYHOUT XL
LET ME KNOW the difference because i am taking met xl 25 but pharmacist has given me only Metoprolo
Updated 6 days ago.
metoprolol succer 50mg roun white tab with m50 on front
Metoprolol succer. 50 mg, m50. Round white tab, is it safe ## Hello, Cheryl! How are you? This tablet is approved for safety and efficacy by the U.S. FDA. Metoprolol is a beta blocker that's most commonly used to treat high blood pressure and certain cardiac conditions. Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache, hypotension and stomach pain. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 7 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 270707
Can metoprolol tartrate cause hallucinations?
My mother has been taking metoprolol tartrate for 2 years. Six to eight weeks ago she started experiencing hallucinations(seeing things that are not real,) at night after taking the pill. She called her doctor but the doctor told her to break the pill in half, which is going from 50 to 25 mgs. I am afraid she will have an episode while driving. Is there another medication equilvalent to what she is taking. Should the doctor have taken her off of the medicine. ## Hello, Barbara! How is your mother doing? Hallucinating is not a typical side effect of this medication and has only been reported in a few rare cases where someone was taking the extended release formulation. There are other medication options, such as Labetalol, which is known to cause far fewer side effects. Has she contacted...
Updated 7 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 270386
is metoprolol a blood thinner
I'm having a Cath done & was told to quit blood thinners 2 days before
Updated 8 days ago.
Metoprolol side effects
I started Metoprolol Tartrate 25mg being one tab every 12 hours. I was in the hospital with pressure of 200/130 , sometimes higher with high pulse and irregular heartbeat. I experienced tightening in chest, slight difficulity in breathing, and extreme variables in my pressures. Most of the time they are in the normal range, but occasionally my systolic has dropped under 100 and my diastolic was 58. I am monitoring my foods and am also taking Ativan twice daily. I am terrified. Anybody else have these variables in pressures.? I have only been on the medicines for four weeks now. I have had diabetes and thyroid neg testing. I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder??? Never heard of it before. All my family including five sibbkings have high blood pressure as well. ## These types of variations ...
Updated 9 days ago.
   21  Subscribe to thread 197122
Pulse too low?
My pulse rate is 60 at night I am afraid it is going to drop too low. Is this possible ? Is 60 too low ? My BP is is still normal high I take lisinapril 10 mg and I take a half of metoprolol 25 mg so wondering info should worry about my pulse being low ## My Pulse has been as low as 41 during the day and I assume even lower at night. Cardio didn't really care. ## Hello, Kari! How are you doing? 60 is still considered normal and generally, your pulse will go lower at night, due to the fact that you are resting and not being as active. You should double check with your doctor, but usually, if you aren't having any symptoms, such as dizziness and shortness of breath, it is nothing to worry about. Rod, what were the circumstances? Those details have to be taken under consideration.
Updated 15 days ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 270031
Metoprolol And Telmisartan Brand Name
I want brand name of combonation of Telmisartan 80 mg + Metoprolol 25 mg ## I want brand name of combonation of Telmisartan 40 mg + Metoprolol 25 mg+clinidipine10mg
Updated 22 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 247195
Barbara, Metoprolol
My mom experienced some of the same effects for a long time, even blacked out, light headedness, ect. After she got very ill this past Christmas and was on life support.. I found out that mixed with her other meds, it was dropping her blood pressure very low..
Updated 28 days ago.
Metosartan 50
I need to know the usage of this medicine ## Metosartan contains the active ingredients Metoprolol and Telmisartan, it is commonly used to treat high blood pressure and certain cardiac conditions. Side effects may include: nausea, dizziness, headache and stomach pain. Learn more: Is there anything else I can help with? ## Previosly I was taking ATON 50 mg for high blood pressure (142/93), but now my Doctor hs changed the tablet and it is METOSARTAN-50 daily after breakfast. Please i WANT TO KNOW the side effects and whether is it safe. ## I am not sure if I took metosartan 50 this morning. Does it matter if I skip it for a day? ## i want to know the usage of the medicine wheather it is before tiffin on the empty stomach or after tiffin in the morning. can it be taken along with imdur 30...
Updated 1 month ago.
   5  Subscribe to thread 219165
Out Of My Metoprolol What Can I Take Now
out of metoprolol (2 days take 1x day each day; can't get untii toorrow ## Hello, Since I am not your doctor, I don't feel comfortable telling you what medication to substitute for the Metoprolol until you receive your next dose. If it were me, I'd consider calling your local pharmacy to see if they have any brand name or generic metoprolol that they could supply you with until you can get your full prescription. For future reference, I recommend calling your pharmacy in advance to make sure you will have your next prescription filled and ready to go before you run out- I hope that makes sense! You can learn more about this drug on the page for Metoprolol Details ## help! I was put on Lisinopril 10mg. today and am currently taking Metoprolol Succinate 25mg. What does Lisinop...
Updated 1 month ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 245613
small white oval pill with mb on one side blank on the other
oblong, white, M then a line, then below a B, a fancy B and blank on the other side ## Located a match it's Metoprolol succinate 25 mg, which is used in treatment of several diseases of the cardiovascular system, especially hypertension. To learn more click on the link below... Do you have any more questions or information to add? Please post back if you do. ## White oval pill scored on both sides. One side blank other side has m line fancy B
Updated 1 month ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 199485
met xl am 5 50
hi i am a pharnace student the MET XL 5/50 cause any si de effect ## suffering from high BP for a longtime.presently it is under control with medicene in which Met XL AM 50/5 is also included. I want to know if there is any side effects. ## Hello, Rajeh! How are you? All medications carry the risk of causing side effects, even over the counter products. This one contains Metoprolol and Amlodipine, it is most commonly used to treat high blood pressure and it may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness, headache, stomach pain and dry cough. Swapan, how are you doing? Is this the only medication you take?
Updated 1 month ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 260700
what pill is tis
Pill is white round small score mark one side M 18 on other ## Hello, Glen! How are you? This tablet is listed as containing 25mgs of Metoprolol, which is most commonly used to treat high blood pressure and certain cardiac conditions. Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache and hypotension. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 month ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 268912
metoprolol 50mg tab wock
Is this still available? My pharmacy says it has been discontinued. I have used this med for 2 years. ## Hello, Lisa! How are you? There was actually a recall on it back in May, so there has been a shortage. It would be better to ask your doctor to prescribe an alternative dosage or medication, for now. Side effects to this drug may include nausea, dizziness, headache and hypotension. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 month ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 268081
white tablet with WL369 on it
small and oblong ## I am having a difficult time locating this pill, is there any other markings on it? I located a pill with similar markings, Click here to see a picture of the pill. If this is your pill it's Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release 100 mg. Metoprolol is a selective 1 receptor blocker used in treatment of several diseases of the cardiovascular system, especially hypertension. To learn more click on the link below... If this is not your pill, please post back so I can help you locate the correct pill. ## Hi there, no that's not it. It's thinner and longer, like a small capsule shape but is solid powder and the sides are flat. It only has WL369 on one side and nothing on the other. I used to take Lipitor could it be that? Or maybe Panadeine or Codeine Forte? Th...
Updated 1 month ago.
   4  Subscribe to thread 194802
metoprolol lisinopril/hct alcohol
I'm on metoprolol 25 twice a day and lisinopril\hct 20-25 once a day. I've had some occasions where I want to.have a captain and coke but get anxiety about Blood pressure going to low or heart problems or who knows what. Am I over thinking this? Am I gonna die? ## Hello, Aaron! How are you? What are you usual blood pressure levels and heart rate? There is some risk associated with drinking on such medications, with hypertension. Alcohol can also be cardiotoxic, so you do have to be careful and should never imbibe, without your doctor's approval. ## My normal bp on meds is 120-110/82-68 heartrate around 80-69. And I dont have any other problems besides hbp and some anxiety. My bp without meds was 170-180/89-100
Updated 1 month ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 268442
Metoprol versus Metoprolol
I am taking Metoprol because an electric problema in my left ventricle. Now being in Chile (S.A.) the pharmasist says Metoprolol is the same as Metoprol, is this true?
Updated 1 month ago.
metoprolol 50 mg twice daily along with lisinopril 20 mg twice daily. what is best way to take these doseage in hours?
How many hours apart do I separate these meds. and what is the best and less confusing way to take these pills. Together or Separated? ## There is no need to separate them, as a matter of fact, most doctors will tell you not to, in order to try to help you remember to take them all and not miss any doses. They can be taken together. They may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness, headache and hypotension. Is there anything else I can help with? ## Is it ok to take 12.5 Motroprel Sa tabs with 20mg liisinopril htz in the morning and the same at nite time. ## Metoprolol Succinate Sa 12.5 mg tab and HCTZ Lisinopril 12.5 20 mg in the morning and the same doses at nite. Is this a ok way to do it. I WAS on 40 mg Lisinopril in the morning and 12.5 metoprolol in the evening and doctor ju...
Updated 1 month ago.
   3  Subscribe to thread 263725
METOPROLOL-WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE
MY TABLETS WERE PINK, NOW THEY'ER WHITE ## Hello, Yes Metroprolol comes in a variety of apperances, including pink, blue, and white colors. The white ones are probably Torprol XL, branded versions of this drug. Can you post the strength of the pills as well as any imprints which appear on them? That way someone could most likely reply with the exact dosage. Linds ## I have been taking Metoprolol ER 100MG Tab Wat and it is a white round tablet with the number 832 on the back. It was time for a refill and I received a white oval shaped tablet with M on one side and MT2 on the other side. Is this the same? If not what is the difference?
Updated 1 month ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 167094

1  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next >> 30

Discuss Metoprolol

Discuss: Metoprolol

1) Title / Subject: *
Please use the title to feature the main keywords of your topic.

2) Message: *
Please be as detailed as possible.

3) Your Name: *