Drug Index:

Metoprolol Forums

Recently active Metoprolol forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Metoprolol and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 30  Next Page    New Thread     RSS Feed
metoprolol 50mg tab wock
Is this still available? My pharmacy says it has been discontinued. I have used this med for 2 years. ## Hello, Lisa! How are you? There was actually a recall on it back in May, so there has been a shortage. It would be better to ask your doctor to prescribe an alternative dosage or medication, for now. Side effects to this drug may include nausea, dizziness, headache and hypotension. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 day ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 268081
white tablet with WL369 on it
small and oblong ## I am having a difficult time locating this pill, is there any other markings on it? I located a pill with similar markings, Click here to see a picture of the pill. If this is your pill it's Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release 100 mg. Metoprolol is a selective 1 receptor blocker used in treatment of several diseases of the cardiovascular system, especially hypertension. To learn more click on the link below... If this is not your pill, please post back so I can help you locate the correct pill. ## Hi there, no that's not it. It's thinner and longer, like a small capsule shape but is solid powder and the sides are flat. It only has WL369 on one side and nothing on the other. I used to take Lipitor could it be that? Or maybe Panadeine or Codeine Forte? Th...
Updated 4 days ago.
   4  Subscribe to thread 194802
metoprolol lisinopril/hct alcohol
I'm on metoprolol 25 twice a day and lisinopril\hct 20-25 once a day. I've had some occasions where I want to.have a captain and coke but get anxiety about Blood pressure going to low or heart problems or who knows what. Am I over thinking this? Am I gonna die? ## Hello, Aaron! How are you? What are you usual blood pressure levels and heart rate? There is some risk associated with drinking on such medications, with hypertension. Alcohol can also be cardiotoxic, so you do have to be careful and should never imbibe, without your doctor's approval. ## My normal bp on meds is 120-110/82-68 heartrate around 80-69. And I dont have any other problems besides hbp and some anxiety. My bp without meds was 170-180/89-100
Updated 6 days ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 268442
Metoprol versus Metoprolol
I am taking Metoprol because an electric problema in my left ventricle. Now being in Chile (S.A.) the pharmasist says Metoprolol is the same as Metoprol, is this true?
Updated 7 days ago.
metoprolol 50 mg twice daily along with lisinopril 20 mg twice daily. what is best way to take these doseage in hours?
How many hours apart do I separate these meds. and what is the best and less confusing way to take these pills. Together or Separated? ## There is no need to separate them, as a matter of fact, most doctors will tell you not to, in order to try to help you remember to take them all and not miss any doses. They can be taken together. They may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness, headache and hypotension. Is there anything else I can help with? ## Is it ok to take 12.5 Motroprel Sa tabs with 20mg liisinopril htz in the morning and the same at nite time. ## Metoprolol Succinate Sa 12.5 mg tab and HCTZ Lisinopril 12.5 20 mg in the morning and the same doses at nite. Is this a ok way to do it. I WAS on 40 mg Lisinopril in the morning and 12.5 metoprolol in the evening and doctor ju...
Updated 11 days ago.
   3  Subscribe to thread 263725
METOPROLOL-WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE
MY TABLETS WERE PINK, NOW THEY'ER WHITE ## Hello, Yes Metroprolol comes in a variety of apperances, including pink, blue, and white colors. The white ones are probably Torprol XL, branded versions of this drug. Can you post the strength of the pills as well as any imprints which appear on them? That way someone could most likely reply with the exact dosage. Linds ## I have been taking Metoprolol ER 100MG Tab Wat and it is a white round tablet with the number 832 on the back. It was time for a refill and I received a white oval shaped tablet with M on one side and MT2 on the other side. Is this the same? If not what is the difference?
Updated 11 days ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 167094
metoprol is the same medicine named metoprolol?
I´m taking Metoprol Tar 25mg. The pharmasist gave me Metoprolol he said is the same, I´m not sure.
Updated 14 days ago.
metoprolol withdrawal
i've been taking metoprolol for several years as partial treatment for high blood pressure. through diet and xcercise, i've lowered my BP to the point my doctor says drop the metoprolol. i did, 3 days ago, and i'm soooo tired, dizzy, irritable, and my vision is blurred. is this withdrawal? how long will it last? i remember starting this medication was terrible to get used to. it appears that stopping it is just as bad. ## I am experiencing the same thing and I am tapering off of the metoprolol. I have only been on for a couple of months and now the withdrawal is just as bad. I am down to 12.5 mg two times a day. It is tough. ## it went away after a week or so. i feel great now, and my BP and heart rate have risen slightly, but thats the reason we stopped it. i've lost en...
Updated 15 days ago.
   176  Subscribe to thread 202479
Metoprol is equal to Metoprolol?
Metoprol is the same as Metòprolol?
Updated 18 days ago.
metoprolol tartrate vs metoprolol succinate
Had been taking metoprolol xl 25 mg one daily for years without issue. Due to recent heart palpitations my dr prescribed metoprolol tartrate 50 mg twice daily. Due to having a gluten sensitivity I have had reactions to the metoprolol tartrate from several pharmaceutical companies and have asked my dr to prescribe my metoprolol 25 mg xl as I had no gluten reactions to this medication. He granted my request and prescribed Metoprolol xl 25 mg twice daily. What I need to know is taking two metoprolol 25 mg xl the same as or equivalent to taking metoprolol tartrate 50 mg twice daily. Seem to be having some minor palpitations and feeling hungry all the time. ## Hello, JoJo! How are you? Did you get an answer from your doctor, yet? Because I have to agree that this isn't making sense, you ...
Updated 22 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 267387
Crushing headache following Metoprolol dosage decrease
1 week ago I reduced metoprolol S. From 100 to 50 mg per day. Now I've had a crushing headache 24/7 with no end in site. Could this dosage decrease be the reason? ## Hello, Robert! How are you feeling? Yes, it could be the reason. When was the last time your blood pressure was checked? Suddenly lowering the dose or stopping such a medication could result in a rebound effect that could cause dangerously elevated blood pressure and heart rate. This is something you really need to have checked out for your own safety!
Updated 23 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 267876
f Metoprolol ER
I would like to know if Metoprolol is a ganaric for Digoxin? ## Hello, Joyce! How are you? No, these are 2 different medications. The brand name for Digoxin is Lanoxin, it is used to treat various heart conditions, namely a-fib. However, Metoprolol is a beta blocker that is most commonly used to treat high blood pressure, though it can also help with some heart conditions. Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache and lowered heart rate. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 23 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 267328
substitute for multac that doesnt cause sun sensitivity
Just figured out that multac is the drug causing hives and throat tightness. I had a heat stroke with amarideron. Taking for SVT with metropol and losartin. I have heard there are less aggressive drugs. I am going to mexico and don't want to stay inside. ## Hello, Tiger! How are you? I'm sorry about the problem that you've had. However, almost all prescription medications can cause that. Even your Metoprolol and Losartan can cause it. The best thing to do is be careful to drink lots of water and use a good, high level sun block to prevent the issues, as much as possible. Has your doctor made any other suggestions?
Updated 24 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 266613
metoprolol relapse
My wife has been using this medication for over a year, along with many others. She has occasional onset of symptoms, but nothing found specific this generic drug. ## Hello, Mike! How is your wife doing? I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking. What symptoms is she having? What is she taking this medication to treat? Its normal side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache, stomach pain and hypotension.
Updated 25 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 267346
Metoprolol Succ ER 25mg - withdrawal question
So I was prescribed Metoprolol for high BP and have taken it for a total of about 8 years. It was horrible in the beginning - weird, vivid nightmares, constant fatigue, weight gain..but I kept on because I thought that I had to for my BP. Probably a bad decision. My dosage has been as high as 100mg in the beginning, and was gradually lowered by the doctor over the years. Most recently for about the last year I had taken a half of a 25mg per day, so a pretty low dose. I started to feel as if this medicine was hurting more than helping so I asked the doctor who said that I could wean off. So I did for about two weeks - a half of a 25mg every other day, then stopped. The last pill I took was about two months ago. I still feel as if I'm having withdrawal, but is that still possible two ...
Updated 25 days ago.
   3  Subscribe to thread 249344
metoprolol er 25 mg tab myla
What is metoprolol er 25 mg tab myla prescribed for. I have it one my medicine list and I don't know what it is for. ## Hello, Phyllis! How are you? Metoprolol is a beta blocker that's most commonly used to treat high blood pressure and certain cardiac conditions. Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache, stomach pain and hypotension. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 26 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 266947
metoprolol 100 mg m3
What is the difference between metropolol M100 and M3? I have 2 prescriptions (I thought for the same thing) from 2 difference pharmacies and they are two different pills. ## Hello, Cindy! How are you? They are both the same medication, just manufactured by different companies. This is common with generics, they are made by several different companies, it creates market competition to help keep prices down for uninsured patients. Side effects to this medication may include nausea, headache, dizziness and hypotension. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 month ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 266172
metoprolol tartrate er vs metoprolol succinate or xl
Had been taking metoprolol xl 25 mg once daily for irregular heart beat for years without issue. Due to recent heart palpitations my dr prescribed metoprolol tartrate 50 mg twice daily. Due to a gluten sensitivity I have had several adverse stomach pains nausea etc from several pharmaceutical companies and am reluctant to keep trying different pharmaceutical companies. Have asked my dr to place me back on my metoprolol and he agreed and prescribed xl 25mg twice daily. What concerns me are the two metoprolol 25mg xl that I am now taking equivalent to the two metoprolol 50 mg twice daily. I have only been on the metoprolol xl 25 mg for a few days but I have experienced a few along with a feeling in my stomach that i am hungry. My pharmacist did infirm me that she actually spoke to my cardiol
Updated 1 month ago.
Metoprolol: Do the side effects improve eventually?
I started Metoprolol this Monday after the cardiologist prescribed it because of being in the ER with extremely fast heartbeats. After a heart ultrasound, chest xray, blood tests, and wearing a holter moniter, they found there was nothing wrong with my actual heart other than the fact that I have a mild heart arrhythmia which they believe was brought out by a virus I also had. Now that I have started the medicine, I have had dizziness, nausea, sever mood swings, insomnia, and anxiety. The cardiologists' nurse said these were all normal, but it seems a little excessive to me. I am on the lowest possible dose (25MG) minus the possibility of cutting the pill in half and I take it once a day. I do not have high blood pressure and am young and not overweight (5ft and 105lbs). Has anyone ...
Updated 1 month ago.
   7  Subscribe to thread 224491
metoprolol tarta 50 mg
I just saw on t.v. that certain medications shouldn't be taken with acidic drinks. Is metoprolol Tarta 50mg one of these drugs? I am a 2-cups-a-morning coffee drinker. ## Hello, Gary! How are you? I'm not sure what you saw on TV, but I have never heard anything like that. If a medication shouldn't be taken with something due to possible interactions, such as those that may occur with grapefruit juice, there will be a warning on your prescription bottle. Do you have any other details on what you saw? Were they talking about some specific issue? ## Grapefruit juice, also wine with cheese with some medicines. You're right, I suppose I shouldn't worry if a medicine doesn't have a specific warning noted. Thanks for your response!
Updated 1 month ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 266795

1  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next >> 30

Discuss Metoprolol

Discuss: Metoprolol

1) Title / Subject: *
Please use the title to feature the main keywords of your topic.

2) Message: *
Please be as detailed as possible.

3) Your Name: *

4) Email Address:

Subscribe to our Daily Health News - Top headlines emailed to you each day.