Drug Index:

Metoprolol Forums

Recently active Metoprolol forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Metoprolol and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 30  Next Page    New Thread     RSS Feed
metoprolol withdrawal
i've been taking metoprolol for several years as partial treatment for high blood pressure. through diet and xcercise, i've lowered my BP to the point my doctor says drop the metoprolol. i did, 3 days ago, and i'm soooo tired, dizzy, irritable, and my vision is blurred. is this withdrawal? how long will it last? i remember starting this medication was terrible to get used to. it appears that stopping it is just as bad. ## I am experiencing the same thing and I am tapering off of the metoprolol. I have only been on for a couple of months and now the withdrawal is just as bad. I am down to 12.5 mg two times a day. It is tough. ## it went away after a week or so. i feel great now, and my BP and heart rate have risen slightly, but thats the reason we stopped it. i've lost en...
Updated 2 days ago.
   257  Subscribe to thread 202479
alternative medicine instead of metoprolol
Metoprolol lowers pulse to much for my comfort level. Pulse runs sometimes in low 50's and once in a while into 40's p/m. This actually causes anxiety. If I don't take it I feel slight angina pectorus. I am taking 25 mg 2 times daily (extended release) ## @wbmjr, According to the US National Library of Medicine, Metoprolol is reported to be in a class of medications known as beta blockers. This type of medication works by relaxing the blood vessels and slowing your heart rate to improve blood flow & decrease blood pressure. Ref: nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682864.html So as far as alternatives are concerned, it sounds to me like you may need to ask your doctor about looking into a different class of drugs altogether (such as ACE inhibitors or Diuretics) in ord...
Updated 2 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 274894
METOPROLOL ER 50MG TAB PAR
My Pills Metoprol ER 50 is oval with a line for splitting. On other side 369. Is this Metoprolol? Can' find that description for Metoprolol ## Yes - the white oval pill scored on one side, 369 on the other side is Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release Tablets 50mg manufactured by Ethex. [1] Do you have any other questions or information to add? Please post back if you do... References: [1] ## I p/u my meds today, on the bottle it has the letters (wats), on the old bottle it has (par) what does that mean any diffence ## Chili, I'm guessing it stands for the manufacturers of the generic medication. Wats is most likely Watson Pharmaceuticals, and Par is most likely Par Pharmaceuticals. Let us know if you notice any differerence between the two ... ## is there any difference betwe...
Updated 5 days ago.
   17  Subscribe to thread 187812
When to take medication
Took metoprolol tartrate 50mg last night and woke up 4 hours later with bp 145/107 went back to sleep woke up 151/98. What to do? ## Hello, Lucy! How are you? My first question is how long have you been taking it? This medication will take about a month to reach its full level of efficacy in your body, so you're not going to see an immediate improvement in your blood pressure. My second question is why are you checking it when you wake up in the middle of the night? As I said, these medications don't work immediately, it will take a few weeks to see improvement, if it works for you. Obsessively checking, whenever you have trouble sleeping or what have you is only going to worry you needlessly. You should only check it as often as your doctor has instructed and make sure to take ...
Updated 6 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 275016
Hearing Loss Metoprolol
Loss hearing in my right ear after taking Metoprolol Tarta 50 mg. Woke up in the morning and couldn't hear out of my right ear at all and still can't hear out of it. I have an appointment with a ENT doctor day after tomorrow. Has anybody else had this problem and know what can be done for it? It's driving me bonkers. Thanks, Nora ## How long were you taking it? Learn more Metoprolol details here. It's not a side effect commonly caused by this medication. It's also possible that it's due to a blockage, water in the ear, or an infection. Can you post back and let me know what the ENT says? ## I only took Metoprolol a few days. I take other medications too. I go to the ENT doctor today so I will see what he says. My B/P is hard to control even with medication so it ...
Updated 8 days ago.
   6  Subscribe to thread 240875
changed from metropolol to ramipril
I just was put on ramipril yesterday after taking metropolol for 3 years because of diarrhea ,seems I'm having side effects today .dizzy , fast pulse is this normal . ## Hazel your doctor just said take this instead of Metropolol? I am weaning off of the (M) and I would def. call the doctor ..if you don't feel right. but yes it is quite normal for that to happen but I would think one has to be weaned off.. are those two drugs the same in nature? you could try some black strap molasses to slow heart rate down.. Magnesium, organic apple cidar vinegar, maybe some celtic sea salt.. if you can use these ... ## metropolol is a beta blocker and ramipril is a Ace Inhibitor there both for hypertension .As the day goes on I'm starting to feel better , thank you for replying . ## Hi; Y...
Updated 13 days ago.
   5  Subscribe to thread 274889
METOPROLOL IN TABS
I am currently taking A- "METOPROLOL ER 25MG TAB WAT". & I want to change med. insurance & the close's they got for my medication is B- "METOPROLOL & HYROCHLOROTHTAZIDE 100MG- 25MG,,, 50MG-25. Mine is a 30- day supply.. Is the 2nd, med I mention as "B", the same as my current med. that I am taking, I indicated as "B"???? Can you please help with this concern.. Thank you.. Daniel Ortiz
Updated 13 days ago.
Telzy Mt 50
IS THERE IS AVAILABILITY OF METOPROLOL SUCCINATE AND TELMISARTAN COMBINED TABLETS AND WHAT IS IT'S BRAND NAME ## who is the manufacturer of telzy MT 50 ## Telly MR by Alembic
Updated 13 days ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 228737
Metoprolol And Telmisartan Brand Name
I want brand name of combonation of Telmisartan 80 mg + Metoprolol 25 mg ## I want brand name of combonation of Telmisartan 40 mg + Metoprolol 25 mg+clinidipine10mg ## Tellzy MT25/50(Alembic)
Updated 13 days ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 247195
metoprolol success er
My daughter has a pacemaker due to electrical problems with her heart from the Mustard Procedure for Transposition of the Great Arteries. She is 24 and has had the PaceMaker fo 2 years. Within the last few months she had 1 life threatening low heart rate. Will metoprolol success er help prevent the low rate. If she continues to have low rate may need to put in a defribilator.
Updated 14 days ago.
When can I take medication that I forgot?
I take metoprolol tart 50mg 1 1/2 tabs daily and I also take Losartan/HCTZ 100-25mg 1 tab daily. I forgot to take my Losartan after lunch and now it is almost suppertime, when can I take the Losartan?
Updated 22 days ago.
Barbara, Metoprolol
My mom experienced some of the same effects for a long time, even blacked out, light headedness, ect. After she got very ill this past Christmas and was on life support.. I found out that mixed with her other meds, it was dropping her blood pressure very low.. ## Hi Jenny, sorry to hear about the terrible side effects your mom was facing. I think it's a shame that doctors can get away with prescribing multiple drugs without having done any prior research on possible interactions first. Some of these medications can really do a number on you on their own, let alone when mixed together! I hope she's managed to recover from such a traumatic experience. Do you know what other medications she might've been taking at the time along with Metoprolol? This drug is prescribed to lower...
Updated 28 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 270387
is metoprolol a blood thinner
I'm having a Cath done & was told to quit blood thinners 2 days before ## Hello, Danny! How are you? No, Metoprolol is a beta blocker, it would be best to double check with your doctor, but as far as I know, there shouldn't be a problem taking it. Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache and stomach pain. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 28 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 271816
alternative for metoprolol
i just started taking metoprolol for a fast heart rate.i am having terrible side effects.what are my other options to treat this condition?thnks ## Hello, Suzy Q! How are you? What side effects are you having? Its most common ones include nausea, dizziness, headache and stomach pain. There are other medications you can try and your doctor should be able to prescribe an alternative. However, most side effects do wear off, after about 4 weeks or so, once your body gets used to the medication. How long have you been taking it? ## hello and thank you for responding i have been taking lopressor for two weeks thanks for the feedback i will try a little longer taking it.
Updated 30 days ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 273740
metoprolol 50 mg tab 773 tab lemm
Is this the same as the metoprolol that's the white pill? Just renewed script and got pink pills with different number imprinted on it, from what I had before. ## What are the markings on the tablets in question? Can you please double check and post back? That is what would enable me to check for you. Thanks! Metoprolol is a beta blocker that's most commonly used to treat high blood pressure and certain cardiac conditions. Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache, stomach pain and hypotension.
Updated 1 month ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 273202
Metoprolol Tart 25mg Myl
I'm sixty five have been on Metoprolol tart 25 mg Myl twice a day ,every now and then I get light headed and feel unblanced. ## Welcome to our forums and you've come to the right place, because I had quite a few adventures with that medication myself! Metoprolol is a beta blocker that is used to help treat high blood pressure and certain cardiac conditions. As to the occasional dizziness, yes, it can cause this as a side effect, which is more than likely due to orthostatic hypotension. Is it happening when you move suddenly? If so, then this is probably the cause, it has been known to cause this in some people. If it's putting you in danger of falling or anything, then you should contact your doctor, as you may need to switch to a different medication. Another factor that co...
Updated 1 month ago.
   3  Subscribe to thread 220891
metoprolol 25mg 16 lb bichon ate one
My 8 month old bichon frise dog I think ate one of those tiny pills.named above. Is it dangerous. What should I watch for?
Updated 1 month ago.
mydocalm side effects
because of withdrawal from metoprolol as advised by my doctor I am experiencing severe pains in the back of my neck I also have pre-diabetes she has put me on mydocalm it does not seem to be working. What do you suggest?
Updated 1 month ago.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MET XL 25 AND ONLY Metoprolol WIYHOUT XL
LET ME KNOW the difference because i am taking met xl 25 but pharmacist has given me only Metoprolo
Updated 1 month ago.
metoprolol succer 50mg roun white tab with m50 on front
Metoprolol succer. 50 mg, m50. Round white tab, is it safe ## Hello, Cheryl! How are you? This tablet is approved for safety and efficacy by the U.S. FDA. Metoprolol is a beta blocker that's most commonly used to treat high blood pressure and certain cardiac conditions. Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache, hypotension and stomach pain. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 month ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 270707

1  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next >> 30

Discuss Metoprolol

Discuss: Metoprolol

1) Title / Subject: *
Please use the title to feature the main keywords of your topic.

2) Message: *
Please be as detailed as possible.

3) Your Name: *