Drug Index:

Meloxicam Forums

Recently active Meloxicam forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Meloxicam and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 10  Next Page    New Thread     RSS Feed
taking half of 15mg meloxicam
I started taking meloxicam 15mg and asked my pharmacist if I can cut it in half because the full 15mg was giving me a side effect of shortness of breath. I been taking half of it for a week now and have no side effects but my back is still in pain. Should I try taking the full 15mg or cut a half of a half in half and take a third of the pill for a week and then start taking the full dose ## Hi anna, With all due respect, these are very personal dosing questions you're asking that are probably best discussed between you and your doctor. However from what I understand, due to safety reasons, it is usually a good idea to start off small and then work your way up to higher doses from there. Some people can make that decision incrementally based off how they feel, but I find that even th...
Updated 1 day ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 270473
Meloxicam 15 mg pill
How long I can take this without abuse it for anti inflamatory ## Abusing a medication occurs when you keep taking more and more of it to get high, or because you like the effects it has on you, it is not the same as long term use, if you are taking it as prescribed. Meloxicam is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and it can cause some problems with long-term regular use, such as stomach irritation, which could turn into ulcers and easier risk of bleeding, so you should consult your doctor on how long it is safe for you to use it. Learn more: Has your doctor prescribed it? ## Hi I am taking meloxicam 15mg once a day for rotator cuff pain. It is not helping very much. I have a partial tear of the supraspinatus tendon. I have tried so many different prescription drugs. The meloxicam, howeve...
Updated 8 days ago.
   3  Subscribe to thread 228412
u l on one side and 7 5 other yellow pill
Can you identify this yellow pill ul one side other side 75 ## Hello, Rose! How are you? This tablet contains 7.5mgs of Meloxicam, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory that's used to treat pain, fever and swelling. Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache and stomach irritation. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 29 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 268153
Nose bleeds
On blood pressure and taking meloxicam. ## Hello, Mark! How are you? What are your normal blood pressure levels and which specific medications do you take? How often have the nose bleeds been occurring and how severe are they? Are there any clots?
Updated 30 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 274048
meloxicam and anxiety
I took meloxicam for some joint and back pain. I took a 15mg pill yesterday and it really helped with the pain. I also have been dealing with some anxiety but haven't had an attack in a while til last night. I also felt at a point at work like the building I was working in was moving which may have been a dizzy spell. I guess in just wondering if the meloxicam has ever caused anyone to have an anxiety attack or to become dizzy? ## Hello, Matt! How are you? I'm very sorry about the problems you had. Yes, both of those symptoms are possible side effects of taking Meloxicam, you may also experience nausea, increased risk of bleeding and headache. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 30 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 274149
if i take 15 mg of meloxicam daily can 10 prednisone
I take 15 mg of meloxicam daily for degenerative arthritis. I also have been prescribed 20 mg of prednisone for gout. Can I take the prednisone now if I took my meloxicM 4-1/2 hrs ago? ## Hello, Kanakagurl! How are you? Actually, these medications tend to increase the toxicity of each other and increase the risk of gastrointestinal ulceration. Thus, before mixing them, it would be best to check with your doctor to make sure that it is safe for you to do so. You may need to go off the Meloxicam, while on the Prednisone. Prednisone is a steroid that may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness, fluid retention, mood swings, weight changes and elevated blood pressure. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 30 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 274216
meloxicam 7.5 mg and prednisone 20 mg
how long can you store these in your medicine closet before it is not safe to take them? ## Hello, Basil! How are you? If you are asking about a bathroom medicine chest, they should not be stored there, at all. They should be stored somewhere dark, cool and dry, like a kitchen cabinet or other closet that is away from heat, light and moisture. And they should not be kept past the expiration date on the bottle. All tablets eventually degrade and lost effectiveness. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 month ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 271406
Is Meloxicam Gluten Free
I have been taking meloxicam for 1 1/2 weeks and I am experiencing celiac symptoms. I would like to know if meloxicam is gluten free ## Meloxicam is actually a generic medication, the name brand for it would be Mobic and, since it is a generic, it is manufactured by several different companies. Thus, I can't tell you anything about the inactive ingredients without more information from you, such as the markings on the tablet, or the name of the manufacturer. Can you please post back with this information? ## I would like to know if gluten is in my meloxicam. It's an oblong light yellow pill with a 15 stamped on it. I'm expericening floating, constipation, and stomach pains. ## Is taking muscle relaxers 500mg and meloxicams 7.5mg and buspirone 10mgs okay to take all in the mo...
Updated 1 month ago.
   6  Subscribe to thread 231087
meloxicam 7.5 how long does it stay in system
I have been on meloxicam 7.5 for 10 days one tablet a day for pain in shoulders and back on the 8th day I had blurred vision and watery eyes on the 10th day I stopped taking them but still have blurred vision. how long can I expect to be like this before it is out of my system?
Updated 1 month ago.
261gg is what kind of pill
261 GG is a small yellow oblong pill!what kind of pill is it ## Is gg261 meloxicam a very strong pain pill ## Hello, Vincent! How are you? First, the yellow, oblong tablet with the GG 261 marking contains 25mgs of Meclizine, which is an antihistamine that's most commonly used to help prevent nausea and vomiting. Its side effects may include nausea, dizziness, drowsiness and dry mouth. This dosage is available via prescription and over the counter. Second, Meloxicam is not a strong pain pill, it is just a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory that's used to treat pain, fever and swelling. Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache, stomach irritation and liver damage. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 month ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 272670
how often should I take meloxicam?
should I be taking this drug on a daily basis regardless if I have pain or not or do I take it as needed? ## Hello, Stephenie! How are you? This is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory, so it is fine to take as needed, unless your doctor has specified otherwise. Its side effects many include nausea, dizziness, headache, increased risk of bleeding and stomach irritation. Is there anything else I can help with? ## No thank you
Updated 1 month ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 272736
coxflam side effects VISION
can coxflam effects on you eye vision ## Hello, Sarie! How are you? Coxflam contains the active ingredient Meloxicam, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and it has been known to cause double vision as a side effect, in some people that take it, along with headache, dizziness, increased risk of bleeding and stomach irritation. What types of vision problems are you having? How much of it do you take and how long have you been taking it?
Updated 1 month ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 270192
how long can you take meloxicam
Hi my doctor prescribed meloxicam 15 mg for me however he had prescribed 7.5 in the past so I take the low dose instead however I still have pain in my hip can I take a OTC pain pill as we'll. ## Hello, Cat! How are you? Meloxicam is a pretty potent NSAID, so it would be best not to combine it with anything else, without your doctor's permission. Have you tried taking the 15mg he has prescribed, now? That might help you pain more adequately. Side effects to this medication may include nausea, dizziness, headache, increased risk of bleeding and stomach irritation.
Updated 2 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 271921
round pill m66
Can this pill be used for vaginal infection ## Hello, Chica! How are you? A round, yellowish tablet with an M over 66 on one side contains 7.5mgs of Meloxicam, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory, so no, it will not treat an infection. Its side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache and stomach irritation. An infection requires an antibiotic, unless it's a yeast infection, in which case you need an antifungal. Was this prescribed for you?
Updated 2 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 271468
Meloxicam 15 mg and benedryl
I would like to know if there is any interactions between meloxicam 15 mg and benedryl? ## Hello, Joan! How are you? I didn't find any interactions listed, but you should always double check such information to be certain. The Meloxicam is a NSAID and may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness, headache and stomach irritation. Benadryl is an antihistamine and may cause side effects, such as drowsiness, dizziness and dry mouth. Is there anything else I can help with? ## Yes. I am also tasking ciprofloxacin 500 mg , is there any interactions taking the meloxicam 15mg with it ## I would like to know if there is an interaction between meloxicam 15mg and ciprofloxacin 500mg? Ty for your response.
Updated 2 months ago.
   3  Subscribe to thread 271596
yellow oblong pill with 15 on one side
yellow oblong pill with 15 on one ide ## pretty sure it's generic for Meloxicam
Updated 2 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 207309
White Round Pill one side 100 other nothing
found a pill one side says 100 other side blank. very small pill. not sure what it is. found in my car???? ## it is a white pill ## Can you give me a better idea of how small it is? I mean, is it about the size of a birth control tablet, a low dose Apsirin, or etc.? ## Its a caffine, almost all caffine pills have a100mg in them ive seen loads of them im more than 95 percent sure its caffine ## It is possibly meloxicam
Updated 2 months ago.
   4  Subscribe to thread 231166
Coxflam & effects to heart
I have acute Sciatica & also have a heart condition. Will Coxflan relieve the Sciatica pain & Will there be any problem with my heart condition. I am 71 & battling with the back & leg pain Will there thanks john ## Coxflam contains the active ingredient Meloxicam, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and no, these are not usually given to heart patients, because of the dangers that they can present to someone that has an existing heart condition. NSAID can cause fluid retention, which can result in complications, such as congestive heart failure. In addition, congestive heart failure has been induced by large doses and long-term use of some NSAID medications. My doctor has instructed me to stay away from all of them and said the only thing I should use is Acetaminop...
Updated 2 months ago.
   4  Subscribe to thread 217198
oval yellow pill with 15 on one side
I have a yellow tablet with 15 on one side and nothing on the other. Can somebody tell me what it is? ## Based on the description which you provided it appears to be Meloxicam 15 mg. You can verify an image here. Meloxicam is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug with analgesic and fever reducer effects. You can read more about this medication at: Do you have any other questions or information to add? Please post back if you do... ## How does meloxicam 15mg affect you if you take more than a single dose?
Updated 2 months ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 180767
meloxicam 7 5 tab zyd what is it for
Is there a difference between 7.5 MG Tab zyd And just 7.5 MG? ## Hi Teresa, Based on my research, "zyd" apparently stands for the manufacturer (Zydus Pharmaceuticals USA) and should correspond with a National Drug Code of 68382-050. I guess on some labels pharmacies feel the need to include the name/abbreviation of the company who makes it, as a secondary means of reference.. Especially since so many people are now coming to terms with the fact that certain manufacturers produce better quality meds than others. I hope this info helps!
Updated 2 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 270012

1  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next >> 10

Discuss Meloxicam

Discuss: Meloxicam

1) Title / Subject: *
Please use the title to feature the main keywords of your topic.

2) Message: *
Please be as detailed as possible.

3) Your Name: *