Meloxicam Forums

Recently active Meloxicam forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Meloxicam and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Popular Threads

Recently Active Discussions

Page of 16    Next Page     New Thread    RSS Feed
does meloxicam help you for back pain
Hi. I have chronic lower back pain that prevents me fro walking more than 50 yards at a time. I also have a severely arthritic left ankle that is painful. I will likely get a STAR replacement. I am on blood pressure, diabetes, depression, and anxiety meds. Will 15mg of Meloxicam help me?
Updated 3 hours ago.

how long can you take meloxicam
Hi my doctor prescribed meloxicam 15 mg for me however he had prescribed 7.5 in the past so I take the low dose instead however I still have pain in my hip can I take a OTC pain pill as we'll. ## Hello, Cat! How are you? Meloxicam is a pretty potent NSAID, so it would be best not to combine it with anything else, without your doctor's permission. Have you tried taking the 15mg he has prescribed, now? That might help you pain more adequately. Side effects to this medication may include nausea, dizziness, headache, increased risk of bleeding and stomach irritation. ## Hello , hope all is well. My dr has me on 15 mg of Meloxicam for a month now . And I am also on oxcodone/acetaminophen.My question is how long can I take Meloxicam before i should have any cocerns? I was told by anot...
Updated 1 day ago.

cash payment dr virginia
I am looking for a doctor in virginia who will take self pay patients and who is not against opioid medications. I'm currently on Amatriptalin Tizanidin and Meloxicam (which is killing my stomach due to many years of nsaid). These medications help but they are not enough. I'm in physical therapy and the pain is preventing me any my therapist from being able to progress in my therapy. I live in the Charlottesville area and every doctor has gone complete opioid prohibition. I just need a little more help with my pain so that I can progress in my therapy. I am willing to travel far. If anyone knows of any doctor in Virginia who may be willing to help, please let me know and thank you in advance.
Updated 2 days ago.

Meloxicam Information
I am taking Meloxicam 15 mg for my Carpel Tunnel, but it takes forever to work. Can I double up on the dosage? ## Hello, Kim! How are you? I'm sorry that you're in pain. The FDA classifies Meloxicam as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory, which means that there is some risk of stomach ulceration, bleeding and liver damage, especially with higher doses, thus, it would be best not to raise your dosage, unless your doctor approves. Is there anything else I can help with? ## No, I thank you for your advice and help. Besides Meloxicam is there any medication that I can use for my Carpel Tunnel? ## Can Meloxicam be used for sore muscles? Worked out for the first time in a while and have severe muscle soreness.
Updated 2 days ago.

Meloxicam 15 mg and benedryl
I would like to know if there is any interactions between meloxicam 15 mg and benedryl? ## Hello, Joan! How are you? I didn't find any interactions listed, but you should always double check such information to be certain. The Meloxicam is a NSAID and may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness, headache and stomach irritation. Benadryl is an antihistamine and may cause side effects, such as drowsiness, dizziness and dry mouth. Is there anything else I can help with? ## Yes. I am also tasking ciprofloxacin 500 mg , is there any interactions taking the meloxicam 15mg with it ## I would like to know if there is an interaction between meloxicam 15mg and ciprofloxacin 500mg? Ty for your response. ## Can I take meloxicam with zzzquil? I have arthritis in my lower back and 15mg of m...
Updated 2 days ago.

How long does it takes meloxicam 15mg
How long does it take for this Mopic to work? My doctor prescribed Mopic 15 mg once per day for arthritis So far, I only took second pill today. I had pain in my knee cap and my hands. Now the pain is gone but I went outside today for a little bit and now I have a pain in left leg toward the part where the leg meet the ankle. Does the pain move to a different of the body? I need to get back to work as soon as I can. I live here in Southern California so the weather is not too bad. ## Hello, May! How are you? While this medication can relieve pain, you can still experience breakthrough pain, so the pain doesn't move, this medication just doesn't prevent it all. The FDA lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, increased risk of bleeding and...
Updated 5 days ago.

Meloxicam long term use
I have been taking meloxicam 15 mg once per day for RA for more than six years now. I would like to know whether it is safe to use the drug for such a long duration? I can not stop this drug in my present condition. Is there any data available on this subject? Thanks in advance. ## Hi, Joy! Meloxicam is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory, so yes there may be some issues caused by long term use, such as stomach ulceration, edema, hypertension, congestive heart failure and liver damage. Is your doctor monitoring you regularly? Usually regular exams and blood tests are the best way to keep an eye on things and head off any problems, before they have a chance to get serious. Learn more Meloxicam details here. ## I have been on Meloxicam for nearly 12 years, refilled by several doctors which I...
Updated 5 days ago.

Can coffee be drank with meloxicam?
I drink coffee and have been placed on Meloxicam and wonder if I should continue to drink coffee while on the medication? ## Hello, Larry! How are you? As long as your doctor approves, but it may cause more stomach side effects than you would have if you weren't drinking coffee. Meloxicam is classified by the FDA as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and they are well known to cause stomach irritation and possible ulcers, so the coffee could aggravate that. Other side effects may possibly include nausea, dizziness, headache and increased risk of bleeding. Is there anything else I can help with? ## I developed epiploic appendagitis the doctor gave me 2 weeks of meloxicam 15mg take one a day , it worked great but as soon as I finished 2 days later started having pain , if I get more how...
Updated 15 days ago.

Meloxicam side effects and concerns
I started taking Meloxicam (15 mg) ten days ago for spondyloarthritis. I few days ago, I started having headaches and tension in my neck/shoulders. I read that you're not supposed to take iboprofen or other NSAIDS with it, so I took Tylenol instead to get rid of the headache, which worked. I also noticed that I was having bloating, belching, loose stools/diarrhea, and weight gain, despite diet and exercise. In fact, while I was doing my walking yesterday (roughly 3 miles or so in an air conditioned mall), I started feeling a little lightheaded and getting winded easier than I should have. Afterwards, on my way home, I stopped by the grocery store and was still feeling a little strange and when I reached the blood pressure machine I decided to check mine. It was high for me: 161/90+ ...
Updated 18 days ago.

meloxicam 15 mg gout?
Will this medicine help my chronic gout? ## Hello, John! How are you? Sorry about the gout problem, that can be miserable. Meloxicam is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory that's used to treat pain, fever and swelling. It may help with some of the pain and swelling, but should only be taken if your doctor has prescribed it and said it is safe for you to take. its side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache, stomach irritation and increased risk of bleeding. Learn more Meloxicam details here. Is there anything else I can help with? ## can7.5 tablet of melxicam be helpful for gout in my finger joint?
Updated 19 days ago.

can i take meloxicam with tylenol-3
I'm having bad back spasms! I am currently on Humira and have taken my 15 mg meloxicam with no relief. Ice helps somewhat. Can I take a Tylenol-3 (with codeine)? ## I didn't find any problems or interactions listed, but it is always best to double check. Have they all been prescribed for you? The FDA warns that Codeine carries the risk of being habit forming and may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness, headache, constipation, and dry mouth. Are you on any other medications?
Updated 22 days ago.

taking two meloxicam 15 mg for pain
I have been fighting with lower back and left leg pain. I've been on a walker for 9 months now. Can you please tell me if it's okay to take two meloxicam 15mg at one time, cause one is not helping? ## It would be best not to change your dosage, without your doctor's approval. Taking higher amounts could cause more severe side effects, such as gastrointestinal bleeding, irritation, and ulceration, as described by the FDA. Are you on any other medications?
Updated 25 days ago.

Meloxicam 15mg duration of treatment
Hello, I just filled my meds....haven't taken them at all... Once I start taking it do i have to keep taking them? Forever? I have Ankylosing Spondylitis...thanks. ## No, this is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and can generally be taken on an as needed basis. The FDA lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, increased risk of bleeding, and stomach irritation. Are you on any other medications? Do you have any other questions?
Updated 28 days ago.

Meloxicam expiration date help
I have 3 bottles of Meloxicam that have never been opened. They expired in 2016 and January 2017. Are they still good? ## Are they in pharmacy dispensed bottles, or the original factory sealed bottles? When they are place in a pharmacy sealed bottle, they are usually good for one year from the date you receive them, according to FDA directions, though while recently talking to a doctor about it, she informed me that the U.S. is the only country that requires an expiration date, most of them are good for many, many years. If they are in the original factory sealed containers, they are usually good for 4 to 5 years, under FDA law.
Updated 1 month ago.

can i take 2 meloxicam 15 mg pills
I have very bad rheumatoid arthritis. I've been taking one pill of Meloxicam 15mg in the morning. Now it's night time and the pain came back. Can I take another pill? ## It would be best not to exceed the prescribed amount. The FDA lists the typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, increased risk of bleeding, and stomach irritation. What has your doctor instructed you to take? Are on any other medications? ## Ibuprofen 500 mg at. nite because I am in pain, going. for x-ray tomorrow Sandra
Updated 1 month ago.

small white oval pill with 15 on side and blank on other
i found some pills in my room that are small, white, and oval with the number 15 on one side and they are blank on the other side. Please help me figure this out. Thank You ## Based on your description, the closest match is a light yellow (could be mistaken for white?) oblong tablet with 15 on one side and blank on the other. A picture is available for verification at this URL: If this is what you have, then it's Meloxicam 15 mg, manufactured by Lupin Pharmaceuticals. If this isn't a match, then can you please include any other details you can think of? Please post back if you have any other questions or information to add... ## I take that tablet, also, and what is described is probably meloxocam, but the image shown greatly exaggerates the shade of yellow. The actual product i...
Updated 1 month ago.

Best time to take Meloxicam 15mg please
Hello, I want to know when would be most helpful time to take 15mg meloxicam (night or morning)? Thank you. ## There is no specific best time, unless your doctor has instructed otherwise, you can take it whenever it is most convenient for you. The FDA lists the typical side effects of this medication as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, increased risk of bleeding, and stomach irritation. Is there anything else I can help with? ## Can I take paracetamol with melodic am. I am on 15mg, but it's still really painful
Updated 1 month ago.

You have a risk if you to take Meloxicam?
Meloxicam 15MG TAB (mee-LOX-i-kam) ## Hi, I know this is a bit naught and possibly tjw wrong thing to to, so this is certainly not meant as advice, just what I do. My partner and father also have bad knees. When my knees start playing up, I take 2 x 15mg so 30mg in total every day I am in pain / discomfort and always have done. It's helps pain and allows me to have a better range of movemement to manipulate if back in to the position it should be in allowonge to be able to walk again. I know it's not prescribed to me and I know it's over the daily maximum dose but hey it works for me. I have finally decided to go to my doctor next week and have it prescribed for me. Thanks John.
Updated 1 month ago.

drug interactions with meloxicam
would it be dangerous if I take my medical marijuana while on a meloxicam prescription? ## Hello, Rummpa! How are you? No, marijuana has not been known to cause any problems or interactions with any prescription medications, so far. That's why so many doctors are in favor of its use. However, combined with the side effects of the Meloxicam, which is classified by the FDA as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory, you may experience more dizziness, drowsiness and dry mouth than usual. Other Meloxicam side effects may include headache, stomach irritation and increased risk of bleeding. Is there anything else I can help with? ## Marijuana and effexor have a bad reaction together. They both bump serotonin levels up and the combo of them can range from nausea to seizures. I know this from my d...
Updated 1 month ago.

Round light yellow tablet z c 25
I would like to know what these tablets are: Light yellow small round tablet with z c and 25 underneath. No marking on the back of the tablet. ## This tablet is manufactured by Zydus Pharmaceuticals and they list it as containing 7.5mgs of Meloxicam, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory that is used to treat pain, fever, and swelling. The FDA lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, increased risk of bleeding, and stomach irritation. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 month ago.

Discuss Meloxicam

Discuss: Meloxicam

5) Text Verification: *

TRUSTe

Note: All times displayed are GMT - 7.

This information has been independently compiled and is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a qualified healthcare professional; nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For more details please see the Medical Disclaimer. Site content is Copyright © 2005-2017 MedsChat.com and is protected under U.S. and International Copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. This page was last updated on 23 July 2017.

We are committed to your privacy.

Copyright © 2005-2017 All Rights Reserved. MedsChat® and The People's Medicine Community® are registered trademarks of Limelight Innovations L.L.C.