Levofloxacin Forums

Recently active Levofloxacin forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Levofloxacin and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Popular Threads

Recently Active Discussions

Page of 5    Next Page     New Thread    RSS Feed
levofloxacin 500mg for a tooth infection
Can I take Levofloxacin 500mg for tooth infections? My tooth is broken in half with a lot of pain added to it. ## Yes, it is an antibiotic that can be used to treat various types of bacterial infections. The FDA lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash. However, it is also important to still seek proper treatment, or this issue will likely continue to keep getting worse. Is there anything else I can help with? ## My tooth has been hurting me for 1 week. I've been getting excruciating pain on the side of my head & my breath smells bad... I have levofloxacin 500 mg. Will it work for a tooth infection?
Updated 6 days ago.

How Long Does The Antibiotic Levofloxacin Stay In Your System
I will be taking Levofloxcin 500mg for 10 days. How long will it stay in my system after finishing the medicine? ## I was taking levofoxcin 500mg for 5 days. How long will it stay in my system after finishing the Medicine? ## Several days, but not very long, since that is not a long time to be taking it. Learn more Levofloxacin details here. Did you have some trouble with it, or experience some bad side effects? ## I was prescribed 10 tablets 500mg each for a broncial infection, 1 tablet daily. After taking 4 tablets, I experienced severe axiety attacks or panic attacks. I stopped and went back to my doctor who told me to finish them. After taking another for 2 days, ( 2 more), it started over again, only more severe than before. I stopped for good. ## I have used 1x500mg levofloxacin-w...
Updated 8 days ago.

levofloxacin 500mg medican
How long does it take foe levofloxacin to get out of your system? ## Hello, Tammy! How are you? The FDA classifies this as an antibiotic and lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, non-allergic skin rash and diarrhea. Did you have a bad reaction to it? It may take about 2 weeks, after you stop taking it, for things to settle down and to feel more normal. ## Hi Tammy, Levofloxacin gets out of your system very quickly... just a few days to a week at the most. If you are experiencing problems from Levaquin, it's because they actually can lead to cellular and DNA damage. This damage is still there even when the drug is out of your system, in the same way that if you spilled acid on your hand, the damage to your skin would still be there even if ...
Updated 17 days ago.

Medical Query
I was hospitalized for 3 days (Aug. 28th-31st) due to gastro/diarrhea. In the hospital the doctor gave me the following: 1. Seven vials of Erceflora 2. Three (100ml) vials of Levofloxacin 500mg 3. Four tabs of (40mg) Omeprazole. Because I felt itchiness on Levofloxacin, the doctor gave me 2 (500mg) tabs of Metronidazole. For home medication the doctor prescripted the following: 1. Metronidazole - 3x5 days = 15 2. Omeprazole - 1x5 days = 5 3. Erceflora - 3x3 days = 9 I feel dizzy, sometimes vomiting. I don't feel normal just yet. I already consumed the following take-home medications: 1. Metronidazole - 10 (5 left) 2. Omeprazole - 3 (2 left) 3. Erceflora - 5 (4 left) Can I stop or discontinue taking the medicine? Please help! Thanks.
Updated 18 days ago.

Dry Cough Tablets
I have a dry cough, sometimes the coughing is leading to vomiting. The cough is not there for few days but then it reoccurs. And while coughing my eyes also get watery and red. Please suggest a medicine. ## My son suffering dry cough last 5 years since 3 day onwards cronie drycough give the name of antibiotics. ## Take levofloxacin 500(1-0-1) Tab Cheston dt(1-0-1) ## What types of medicine should I give to my son for treating a dry cough? He is 1 year and 6 months of age. Thanks for any suggestions.
Updated 19 days ago.

Levofloxacin 500mg Tab
I have a strecthing feeling in both my heels which gives me somewhat of a gait when I walk. It makes me walk slower. I never felt this before. There was nothing wrong with my walking. Please! ## Have you consulted a doctor? Only a medical professional is going to be able to help you discover what is causing the problem and to discover a solution. I am not certain what you are referring to as a stretching feeling. Levofloxacin is not likely to help, since it is just an antibiotic that is used to treat infections. Learn more: ## Levofloxacin attacks tendons. I took it and my right leg hurt from the back of my knees down into my feet. My left leg has broken out in a terrible rash. I had a biopsy and the results are luekocystic clastic vasculitis. Not a good medication. My prescription was ...
Updated 23 days ago.

amoxicillin and levofloxacin
I started on amoxicillin 875mg for 4 days, then switched to levofloxacin 750mg for 3 days. Is it safe to go back to amoxicillin? ## Why do you want to switch, again? It really depends on the nature and severity of the infection being treated, so you should take the one your doctor has prescribed for you. The FDA lists the typical antibiotics side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash.
Updated 30 days ago.

what is levoday tablets for?
what is rantac tablets medicine used for? ## for which purpose is levoday tablet is used ## Levoday contains the active ingredient Levofloxacin, common sold in the US under the brand name Levaquin. This is an antibiotic/antibacterial used to treat various types of infections. Some of the most common side effects may include: nausea, drowsiness, diarrhea and skin rash. You can read more about this medication here: Is there anything else I can help you with? ## To the original poster, Rantac is an entirely different medication, it contains the active ingredient Ranitidine, commonly sold in the US under the brand name Zanatac. This helps reduce the production of stomach acid, to treat conditions such as Peptic Ulcers, Acid Reflex and Heartburn. Some common side effects may include: nausea,...
Updated 1 month ago.

myrin-p forte information
What are the possible side effects and is there a recommended dosage? If so, how much do you take per day? ## Sorry, since this is not available in the U.S., I cannot find any information on it. I would suggest asking your doctor or pharmacist for more information. ## please tell me the difference between and myrin-p ## difference between myrin and myrin-p ## i was diagnosed w/ tb and was prescribed this med. i was warned to watch out for any signs of vomitting, itchiness, body aches, difficulty in breathing--all of which i experienced at the beginning when i first took the med. but those disappeared soon after. i think the med. is effective for my condition. at least this med. is in tablet form, all-in-one [i heard some take several meds. at a time, and it used to be in liquid form]. t...
Updated 2 months ago.

Levofloxacine
Hellow, levofloxacine was prescribed 4 month ago for lymph node's inflamation(for 10 days), today doctor prescribed od-levox 500 mg again for infection (for 5 days).As I know that medication has serious side effect s and I am interested if there is any possibility of danger.Thanks. ## They both contain the same active ingredient, Levofloxacin, which is an antibiotic that is used to treat various types of bacterial infections. The NIH lists the typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, dry mouth, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash. Have you started taking it, yet?
Updated 2 months ago.

levofloxacin side effects diabetes
My father was recently prescribed levofloxacin for a sinus infection. He is 81 years old and has diabetes. He has now been off the drug for over three weeks but is still experiencing weakness and confusion. He did not have these problems before taking this medication. Is there a possibility he could still be having a reaction this long after he stopped taking the drug? ## That would be very unusual, it usually only takes a week, or so for things to return to normal, once someone finishes their course of treatment, according to NIH reports, as well as my own experience taking antibiotics. The typical side effects as listed by the FDA as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash. Is he on any other medications? Have you consulted his doctor?
Updated 3 months ago.

LEVOMAC 500mg
I am suffering from Fever and shivering, body ache, cold cough and running nose. Doctor has prescribed LEVOMAC 500mg. whats r the side effect of this medicine. ## Levomac contains the active ingredient Levofloxacin, an antibiotic used to treat various types of infections. Common side effects may include: nausea, drowsiness, skin rash and diarrhea. Read more: Do you have any other questions? ## Dr prescribed Levomac 250 ## Taking prescription like R-CINEX, KOXI 800, BENADON, PROTEIN POWDER & NEGODIANE ELIXIR from last three months.Right now there was pain in chest so CT scan was suggested.So later LEVOMAC 250 was added in prescription. CT scan reports show enlarged partly necrotic lympnodes with tiny centrilobular nodules in apical segment of right upper lobe of lung. Is this showing...
Updated 3 months ago.

Levofloxacin, Alka Seltzer Multi Symptom Cold Formula
Can I take 500 mg of Levofloxacin (prescribed for bronchitis) along with Alka Seltzer Non-Drowsy Day & Night Multi Symptom Cold Formula (for flu-like symptoms)? ## What has your physician advised? The only increase in side effects I have found listed is drowsiness, headache, and nausea, as reported by the FDA. Are you on any other medications? What are your diagnosed medical conditions?
Updated 4 months ago.

h p kit tablet side effect
Hi, i've startd using hp kit 2 days ago and now I am experiencing a lot of frequent urination. Should I stop taking it? Help me plz. ## Hello, Dakoki! How are you? No, that can be a normal side effect and usually is nothing to worry about, unless your doctor feels some reason to be concerned. Other side effects, as reported by the U.S. FDA may possibly include nausea, dizziness, headache and diarrhea. Is there anything else I can help with? ## Have been prescribed with hp kit containing levofloxacin. I have read that the side effects can be very serious. I have only taken it for 2 days and in those two days, I have slept only about 2 hours each night. What is the effect if is choose to discontinue with the treatment?
Updated 5 months ago.

Glevo 500 mg
for fever given in India ## Glevo 500mg usage and other issues ## Sorry, foreign medications are not regulated like US prescription drugs, so therefore it is very hard to find information on them. On top of that, sometimes drugs under the same name as something sold in the US can have a different active ingredient elsewhere, because the FDA can only regulate and make sure information is provided for drugs legally available in the US. ## Glevo is Levofloxacin tablets. Levofolxacin is the 3rd Generation Quinolone group of Antibiotics. Glevo is Rx Medication for RTI, UTI and other bacterial infections. Dose: 500mg OD for 5 - 7 days. Contraindication: childrens less than 12 yrs Pregnanent and Lactating women ## may be very useful suggestion for me ## my friend kartik says PDI is vital site ...
Updated 5 months ago.

levofloxacin 500mg shelf life
I have 6 levofloxacin 500 mg tablets with an expiration date of 12-23-13. Will they still be effective? ## Medications do lost efficacy over time, so they may not work well enough to full eradicate an infection, according to NIH reports. Thus, it would be best to dispose of them and see your doctor for a new prescription, if you need an antibiotic. Its typical side effects are listed as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, non-allergic skin rash, and diarrhea. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 6 months ago.

Expired Leviquin prescription
I have a UTI and have 8 year old Leviquin tablets. Are they still good to use or should I get a fresh script? ## While they do not become toxic, they do tend to lose efficacy, with time, so it would be best to dispose of them and see your doctor for a new prescription. The FDA lists the typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, non-allergic skin rash, and diarrhea. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 6 months ago.

Why do we use levoday?
My mother has been adviced to take this drug. ## i have been prescribed this medi ## Upon researching Levoday, I believe it is prescribed primarily for serious bronchitis, sinusitis, pneumonia, and other illness-related breathing disorders. Dosage varies between 250-750 mg daily, based on the severity and illness of the patient. To view information on Levofloxacin, the active ingredient in Levoday, please follow the link below... If you have any more questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you. ## i was suffering from typhiod 3 months ago..i took medicines & i was allright .but last month i got the same symptons that i was getting during typhiod like chest infection ( small pain also..) & low fever..then i took the same medicines for two days ..i be...
Updated 7 months ago.

Expired Levofloxacin
I have Levofloxacin 750mg tablets that have expired. How long after the date is it safe to use? ## Hello, Jim! How are you? This medication doesn't become dangerous, once expired, but it does start to lose efficacy, so it may not fully eradicate any relevant infectious bacteria, according to the NIH. Thus, it would be best to dispose of it and see your doctor for a new prescription. The FDA lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, non-allergic skin rash, and diarrhea. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 8 months ago.

white oval pill ZC56 on one side
What is a white oval pill marked with ZC56 on one side and nothing on the other side? ## This tablet is manufactured by Zydus Pharmaceuticals and they list it as containing 500mgs of Levofloxacin, which is an antibiotic that is used to treat or prevent bacterial infections. The FDA lists the typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, non-allergic skin rash, and diarrhea. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 9 months ago.

Discuss Levofloxacin

Discuss: Levofloxacin

5) Text Verification: *

TRUSTe

Note: All times displayed are GMT - 7.

This information has been independently compiled and is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a qualified healthcare professional; nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For more details please see the Medical Disclaimer. Site content is Copyright © 2005-2017 MedsChat.com and is protected under U.S. and International Copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. This page was last updated on 16 September 2017.

We are committed to your privacy.

Copyright © 2005-2017 All Rights Reserved. MedsChat® and The People's Medicine Community® are registered trademarks of Limelight Innovations L.L.C.