Diabetes Forums (Page 77)

Recently active Diabetes forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Diabetes and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Previous Page     Page of 102    Next Page     New Thread    RSS Feed
Dr Has Suggested Ecosprin 75 And Amlopress At To Me What For
i am 45 years old - female, hysteractotomy was done at the age of 35. Dr. suggested me ecosprin 75 and amlopres AT as i was suffering from pain in the left side of my body and my pressure was 180/110.what actually my problem is. ## i am diabetic type 2 and being control by tablets remained below 180 mg and have also blood pressure controlled by emlopres 5 mg with remiprill 2.5 mg .Doctor prescribed ecospsrin 75 mg dialy. my lipid profile is also in normal range. I have also pace maker three months ago due to bracdhcardia. what is the actual problem. whether it should continue medicine life long and can reduced them.
Updated 4 years ago.

cetapin
cetapin 500 mg ## Metformin is the acive ingredient in Cetapin. It is the first-line drug for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, particularly in overweight and obese people and those with normal kidney function, and evidence suggests it may be the best choice for people with heart failure. To learn more click on the link below... Do you have any more questions or information to add? Please post back if you do. ## Have been taking Cetapin 1 gm daily for over two months. Ever since then I have been either constipated or have had stomach upset... vomitting followed later by watery loose motions... I wish to know whether it is due to Cetapin or is it because of Allegra 180 mg which also I am taking daily for skin rashes... ## IS THERE ANY SIDE EFFECT OF THIS TAB ## tab cetapin was not dissol...
Updated 4 years ago in Metformin.

diebitic pill
oval with 575 on one side ## Based on the description provided, I found your pill to be Janumet; containing a combination of Metformin (500 mg) + Sitagliptin (50 mg). It is used to treat type 2 diabetes. You can more information by clicking on the link below... Please post back if you have any other questions or comments to add.
Updated 4 years ago in Janumet.

comparison of Windamet tablets and PIO M 15 tablets
I was taking Windamet tablets for diabetese which seems to have been withdrawn by the company.Now the Doctor has advised PIO M 15 tablets in its place. Can someone inform which tablet is better? ## Windamet contains Rosiglitazone and Metformin. The Rosiglitazone has been banned, due to the fact that is can cause sever cardiac problems. So, any medication that contains it has been removed from the market. PIO M 15 contains Metformin and Pioglitazone, which is in the same class of medications, but has not been proven to cause the same dangers. There isn't any one med that can be said to be better for any one person, than any other. You really just have to try it and see how it works for you. Are there any comments or questions? ## PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT AN ALTERNATIVE OPTION OF WINDAM...
Updated 4 years ago in Rosiglitazone.

Drop in glucose level when I miss perscribed dose
On two occasions I forgot to take my perscribed metformin at dinner time (3- 500 mg HCL ER). With in 2hrs. my glucose level dropped very low and had to get sugar into my system.. Why? Please if any one can help with this it would be appreciated Thanks.Also I take 1- Glipizide ER 5mg. first thing in the morning. ## You may ask your Doctor to reduce glyburid, to 1-or-2 mg it causes bs to drop real fast if you dont eat. I am diabetic too, on the same meds. Eat you breakfast or dont take the meds till u do.
Updated 4 years ago in Metformin.

BMS/6074
Yellow tablet, oval shape, BMS on one side an 6074 on the other, can you help me find what this is ! ## Help ## Hi Matt, Based on the description provided, I found your pill to be Glucovance; a combination of Glyburide + Metformin (5 mg - 500 mg). Glyburide + Metformin is used in the treatment of type II diabetes. For more information about this drug, please refer to the link below... If you have any more questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to help you.
Updated 5 years ago in Glucovance.

WPI845
For diabetic ## MY HUSBAND IS DIABETIC AND I TRY TO LOOKING A MEDICINE FOR HEM THE SUGAR IS VERY HIGH AND DONT WANT THE INSULINE I NEED MORE CHOISE FOR MY HUSBAND. TANK YOU ## The pill in description is Glipizide ER (10 mg); which is an oral medium-to-long acting anti-diabetic drug from the sulfonylurea class. To view information about this drug, please click on the link below... I also want to note that there are other natural options out there for treating diabetes. I would strongly urge you or your husband to look into a primarily raw fruit and vegetable diet. Fruits are the only carb source that will actually help "cure" diabetes. Don't just take my word for it. The info is all over the internet with doctoral sources for reference. :) If you have any other questions or c...
Updated 5 years ago in Glipizide.

If A Tablet Is Scored Can You Cut It In Half For The Dose
I have some Metformin Hcl 1000mg tablets. My dose has been reduced to 500 mg. Is it safe to cut the 1000mg ones in half? ## It is safe, as long as you weren't taking a time released formulation. This would be denoted on your prescription label by an abbreviation such as ER, XR or SR. There will usually also be a warning on them from the pharmacy that says do not crush or chew, swallow tablet whole. Metformin is an oral antidiabetic medication and may cause side effects, such as: nausea, headache, hypoglycemia and flatulence. More details: Is there anything else I can help with? ## I have a question. I split my metformin er in two and took it because I didn't know I wasn't supposed to. Will I be okay? ## Becky, it could result in your getting too much of the medication, at on...
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

metaformin
Diabetic ## I believe you meant to say Metformin; which is an oral anti-diabetic drug in the biguanide class. You can view a detailed description of the drug by clicking on the link below... If you have any more questions or comments to add, please post back so I can further assist you.
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

would like to know what this is
blue green, oval shaped with the letters RDY on one side and 322 on the other ## Based on the description provided, the blue pill is Glimepiride (4 mg). Glimepiride is a medium-to-long acting sulfonylurea anti-diabetic drug. To view information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you.
Updated 5 years ago in Glimepiride.

volibo
I want solubility, degradation profile, stability, feasibility in dosage form ## I BEING A DIABETES INTEND TO START MEDICINE VOLIBO 0.3 MG KINDLY ADVISE ME ITS SIDE EFFECT & LONG TERM NEGATIVE EFFECT. IS THERE ANY SUBSTITUTE FOR THIS MEDICINE ## I,being Diabetic, taking 15 units of insulin once in the morning. Is it safe to take . 3 mg of Volibo with breakfast and lunch. Please advise.
Updated 5 years ago.

Zoryl M Diabetic Medicine
i am taking zoryl m1 & m2 tablets OD. please let me know the when to take those tablets that is with or without food / breakfast. If without food / breakfast, what should be the reasonable interval between food/breakfast & medicine intake. ## Zoryl M1 and M2 both contain Glimepiride (1mg and 2mgs, respecitively) and 100mgs of Metformin. Thus, first I'd like to ask why you're taking them both? Did your doctor instruct you to do so? These are oral antidiabetic medications and for the maximum benefit, they should be taken just before a meal, that way they have the chance to start working, by the time you are done eating.
Updated 5 years ago in Glimepiride.

round pill with MET 500
I found a white pill that is blank on one side and has MET 500 with a line dividing the pill in half; MET above the line and 500 below. Can you tell me what this is and how harmful it can be if taken by the wrong person? ## The pill in description is Metformin hydrochloride (500 mg); which is an oral anti-diabetic drug in the biguanide class. How harmful this drug can be (to a random individual) is determined by how healthy or unhealthy the individual taking it is and how many of these pills they consume.... There is no proven risk in humans during pregnancy. Other than normal side effects associated with this drug, in my opinion I don't think they would experience anything else unless for instance they have other health problems that don't agree with this drug. This is just my ...
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

pioglitazone hci
zolid 30/500 mg ## Pioglitazone is an oral antidiabetic medications, used to help control blood sugar. Side effects can include: nausea, fluid retention, peripheral edema and weight gain. Learn more: Are there any questions?
Updated 5 years ago in Pioglitazone.

pill IG204
round and motled green ## Based on the description provided, the pill is Glimepiride (2 mg). Glimepiride is a medium-to-long acting sulfonylurea anti-diabetic drug. To view information about this drug, please click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you.
Updated 5 years ago in Glimepiride.

Renerveplus injection
my wife is diabetic she has pain on leg and foots on doctors suggestion she is taking reserve injection twice a week is it advisable or a new drug is suggested
Updated 5 years ago.

jalra 50
I am diabetic for 20 years. Now I take novamix 30 unit am and pm. besides taking Glucored forte. Now I am not able to have good control and so I am asked to take Jalra 50. Will this have much of side effect? Is it a good medicine? ## Jalra contains the active ingredient Vildagliptin, it is an oral-antidiabetic medication, used to help lower and control blood sugar. It is not available in the U.S., so I am not familiar with it and don't know how effective it is. The only way to know if it will work for you or if you will experience side effects is to actually try the medication for a few weeks. Its side effects can include: nausea, appetite changes, dizziness and low blood sugar. Read more: Are there any questions or comments? ## I am using Jalra for the past two year and having the ...
Updated 5 years ago.

swollen liver
I have diabetes my dr said my kidneys are normal however my liver is swollen ## Diabetes can cause organ damage, it it isn't under control, or wasn't diagnosed for awhile and was out of control. What are you current blood sugar readings? It really means that you have to use your medications, as directed by your doctor, and follow a proper diet and exercise plan to keep your blood sugar under control and prevent further damage. In a lot of cases, if they have found no other signs of problems or decreased liver function, they will not pursue treatment, but will keep an eye on it, in the future, by doing regular tests to see if it progresses or starts to become problematic. Learn more: What medications do you currently take for it?
Updated 5 years ago.

Glycomat
i am confused if glycomet -500 should be taken before or after meal, usually all diabetic medicines advised to be taken before meals. pls clarify.
Updated 5 years ago.

Tab Ecosprin Composition
does it contain nitrates? i propose to use something for erectile dys. i am a diabetic
Updated 5 years ago.