Diabetes Forums (Page 77)

Recently active Diabetes forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Diabetes and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Previous Page     Page of 109    Next Page     New Thread    RSS Feed
Natural Diabetic Maintenance
I AM TAKING NOVOLOG AND LANTUS INSULIN. MY READINGS ARE SKYROCKETING. IS THEIR SOMETHING FOR INSULIN RESISTANCE OR TO SUPPRESS CARBS! ## Have you consulted your doctor? You may need to try other medications. An additional question, are you watching what you eat and getting proper exercise? Those are really the best things you can do to help lower your blood sugar levels, because medications isn't going to be able to do it all, by itself. You may want to try keeping a food diary for a few weeks, with the corresponding blood sugar readings, so you and your doctor can see if there is a pattern. It could help you discover if there are certain things you're eating that are causing yours to elevate and then you'll know what you should stay away from.
Updated 5 years ago.

shelcal os
Can you please advise when and how this medicine should be taken. I am 60 years old. ## I am a Type 2 diabetic with hypertension.( Female, Age more than 55yrs) Apart from amaryl, metformin, covance 50 and ecospirin 75, I have been prescribed Shelcal OS. What is the use of Shelcal OS and what is its action? ## i am a healthy male person 60 years of age but would like to take a calcium tablet for my bones is SHELCAL OS a good tablet to take or which other tablet would you recommend .... my only sickness is high blood pressure and cholestrol
Updated 5 years ago in Amaryl.

omnacortil,diabetics and sarcoidosis
is omnacortil a right tablet for diabetic patient as well as who is suffering from sarcoidosis for last 2 years
Updated 5 years ago.

NUMBING FINGERS
Does Diamet 500mg cause a numbing in the fingers of a diabetic person?
Updated 5 years ago.

A White Round Pill whith mp link togethe on one side blanck on the otherOther
It is a white round pill with mp 751 on one side and blank on the other m and p are link to each other ## Hi Kayla, The pill in description is Metformin hydrochloride (500 mg); which is an oral anti-diabetic drug in the biguanide class. You can view a detailed description of the drug by clicking on the link below... NOTE: If you haven't heard yet, there are ways to reverse "and cure" diabetes type 2 through a low fat raw vegan diet. Type 1 can also be reversed through a low fat raw vegan lifestyle. If you have any more questions or comments to add about this, please post back so I can further assist you.
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

metformin ex-rel 500MG TAB
does this drug cause you to feel tired and not able to sleep ## Hi lou, There are a lot of potential side effects while taking Metformin. Although there aren't side effects that specifically say "tiredness" or "uneasy sleeping", there are a large number of side effects that could indirectly cause you to feel tired or too stimulated to sleep well at night. If you take a look at the link below, you can view a complete list of side effects: Do you have any other questions or comments concerning this drug? Please post back if you do.
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

Metformnnin hcl er 500mg
how it works and what the side effects are ## Metformin is an oral antidiabetic medication that is used to help lower and control blood sugar. For more information on how it works, see this link: The side effects may include: nausea, dizziness, flatulence and headache. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

Round White Pill Scored 20 on back, front was damaged
A friend got rolled up on while knocking on a door, he has a warrant... hides his diabetic aparatus under the door mat.. I go on a recon mission to extract the payload and destroy before a nice old lady sweeps the porch and calls 27 family members over for an intervention.. Also, theres concern of latent prints on the preloaded aparati.. sounds exciting so I volunteer for the mission.. like a swiss watch< I should have been a S.E.A.L.. after securing the payload, I begin to think.. Well if this fiend was whipping around with loaded hollow points, then he very likely, based on my past tours of duty, and personal knowledge of the "the needle and the damage done", was very likely concealing more bullets.. I vision this horribly afflicted kid, yes, 23 year old kid and already lo...
Updated 5 years ago.

Metanx Interactions
With other vitamin supplements ## I can only advise you to discuss it with your doctor. Supplement products are not usually tested for side effects and interactions, as is done with actual prescription medications. So, it would basically come down to what the exact supplements in question contain, because getting too much of some nutrients, such as Potassium and Vitamin B12 can be just as dangerous as not having enough of them. Have you discussed it with your doctor?
Updated 5 years ago in Metanx.

METFORMAN HCL 500MG
WHITE PILL M 234 ## My daughter was insulin resistant and went on the makers diet and does the metforman and lost 25 pounds in 30 days and got pregnant which was why they thought she might be insulin resistant. She had had 5 misscarriages. She is almost term with no problems and I am very overweight and wonder if I am insulin resistant. ## Yes, the tablet mentioned above is Metformin 500mgs, a generic for Glucophage. As to whether or not you are insulin resistant, the only way to find out for sure would be to speak to your doctor about your concerns and let them decide if testing for the condition is warranted. No one on here could diagnose you over the internet. ## My husband has been taking metforman hcl500, and he is loosing his appetite. This is the only new meds he is taking. he ha...
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

I Have Been Prescribed Glycomet Sr 500 Want To Know If It Is Meant Control Sugar Because Diagnized As Diabetic
Last month I was diagnised as sugar patient with 240/370 level (F/PP) but with the change in lifestyl i stopped taking sugar and started morning walk also. My present sugar level is 105/150. For the last 10 days I have been prescribed Glycomet SR 500 twice a day i.e morning n evening. I would like to know if this medicine is to control sugar or otherwise. Thanks n warm regards Ashok Madan ## Yes, Glycomet contains the active ingredient Glucophage, which is an oral antidiabetic medication, used to help lower and control blood sugar. Side effects may include: nausea, headache, flatulence and stomach pain. Learn more: Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 5 years ago in Glucophage.

Metformin 500MG with #571 on one side
I have taken Metformin 500mg for about 5 or 6 years. Recently, the tablet has not been dissolving. The number on one side of the tablet is 500 and on the other side 571. This has been happening for several months. To get them to dissolve, I am cutting them in half the long way. Can you tell me why this tablet is not dissolving? Thanks! ## You should not be cutting these tablets in half, these are 500mg Metformin controlled release tablets and the shell of the tablet is not supposed to dissolve, or be digested. It is part of the mechanism they use to control the time released formulation. If you read the detailed drug information, there is a notice about this in there. Even though you see the tablet in your stool, that is just the shell and the medication has been released and used. Are ...
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

Pill Oval Beige S B On The Other Side Has Number 4
what is a ovel peach pill that has a 4 on oneside and on the other has sb ## i found a peach oval pill that has sb on oneside and 4 on the other what is that? ## This is a 4mg Avandia tablet, which contains the active ingredient Rosiglitazone, this is an oral antidiabetic medication. Side effects may include: nausea, headache, dry mouth and weight changes. Learn more: Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 5 years ago in Avandia.

Metformin & Diazepam
I Take Metformin Is It Ok To Diazepam As Well ## NO Problem. ## I have two different pills. One says APO on one side and on reverse it is scored and has an'M' and 500 on it. The other metformin pill ( that I was used to 0 is oblong and unscored with #93 on one side and 48 on the other. Both are to 500mg. Are they really the same..just different manufacturs? Appreciate info befor I take the 'new' round one. Thanks. ## Joy, yes they are both the same medication and dosage, just manufactured by different companies. Ann, you should check with your doctor or pharmacist to be certain, but I did not find any interactions listed between the two medications. Are there any other questions or comments?
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

JANUVIA or JANUMET
i was on Amtas AT for 2 years and after that suddenly my blood sugar started rising. I don't have any family history of diabetes. Now am taking Januvia because Janumet though being more effecting in controlling my sugar is causing side effects like loss of apatite and vomit like sensation. 1) Are these side effects normal, if so, can i keep taking janumet as januvia doesn't control my sugar that well. 2)Is my diabetes due to prolonged use of Amtas AT ? My age is 51. ## i took Januvia for over 2 months, i tolerated the nightmares, stuffy nose, swollen fingers and toes, waking up with fluid bags under each eye on separate occasions, but today i reached the peak of the side effects, felt like i was coming down with a bad flu, had a swollen tongue and mouth, was out of breath going ...
Updated 5 years ago in Januvia.

Movon P
Is this medicine useful for pain due to nerves/veins. Does it have any adverse effects for Diabetic patients? Does it have any adverse side effects?
Updated 5 years ago.

diabetic medication
pill is a polygon, light orange with 4 on one side and SB on the other ## I am a type diabetic for the last 13years started using 500 mg Metformin then moved to 850Mg 2wice daily along with Glimapride 1 mg once a day. I swim on & off & have a BMI of 28%. Present fasting is 142 & post lunch 255. I require advice on change in medication to control to levels of 100 & 180 to start with. Should I increase the intake of Glimapride to 2 mg or increase the Metformin to 1g
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

Watson 460
I'm glad there was info about what Watson 460 really was. I take glyburide 5 mg and just had my prescription refilled yesterday. When I went to take my pills this morning, I noticed immediately that they didn't look like what I had been taking. Now I know my pharmacist screwed up and will take them back at once! ## Glad you found the correct information here. Yes, the pill with the WATSON 460 markings contains 5mgs of Glipizide, this leads me to suspect that they may have misread your prescription. Has the pharmacy replaced it?
Updated 5 years ago in Glyburide.

Metformin Tablets I P Diamet
metformin diamet hypoglycaemic
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

glynasev
iam taking glynase XL 5 and semi glynase 2 and half in the morning and evening before meals and galvos met 50 /500 in the morning and evning after meals my sugar levels never comes to normal and i dont know how to check this please help me
Updated 5 years ago in Glynase.

< Prev PageNext Page >