Diabetes Forums (Page 77)

Recently active Diabetes forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Diabetes and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Previous Page     Page of 103    Next Page     New Thread    RSS Feed
diabetic acidosisUAWXQ
how can I treat the diarrea of metformin. I took one nutrolin b plus and am now terrified of getting lactic acidosis
Updated 4 years ago in Metformin.

Pcos and infertility
i had an ectopic pragnancy,left tubal, salphingectomy, 4 years ago, since than m having pcos, late period only after taking deviry tab, weight gain n ifertility. i dont have diabetese, can i take metformin 500? is it safe for me? ## There are risks associated with all medications, but only you and your doctor can decide what is safe for you to use. Metformin has helped some women, with PCOS, by improving the way their bodies use insulin, but it can cause some side effects, such as: nausea, dizziness, weight changes and flatulence. Learn more: Has your doctor instructed you to use this?
Updated 4 years ago in Metformin.

Victoza
Looking for help with the cost, on medicare but will not cover it, I am on disability, ## I can't find a complete assistance program for this and most of those are for people who have no insurance, anyway. However, they do have a discount that you can receive on your prescription and you can call them about getting that savings card at 877-484-2869. People who qualify can get up to $25 off for 12 months. Have you consulted with your doctor about using a different medication, if you can't afford this one?
Updated 4 years ago in Victoza.

glycomat sr 500mg
diabetic medicine type 2 ## The active ingredient in this is sustained release Metformin, used to help treat Type II Diabetes. Common side effects may include: nausea, dizziness, low blood sugar and flatulence. Read more on the medication here: Do you have any questions? ## MY BLOOD SUGAR FASTING 124 POST LUNCH 200. I AM HAVING THOIRIDE PROBLEM [HI PO BELLOW 6 . I AM TAKING ELTROXCIN ONE TABLET PER DAY. GLUCOMAT 250 ONE TABLET PER DAY ADTER LUNCH. PLEASE ADVISE HIGHER POWER IS REQUIRED. THANK YOU
Updated 4 years ago in Metformin.

Metnax
what is major differences between metnax and neurotin in treatment of neurophy for diabetes....taking neurotin now .... doctor said i should try metnax any comments ? ## Metanx is actually a nutritional supplement and, it can help some people, if their pain is caused or aggravated by a deficiency in the vital nutrients it contains. However, there is no guarantee that it will help you. Neurontin is an actual medication, it contains the anticonvulsant Gabapentin, which has been proven to help with certain types of nerve pain. How has it been working for you?
Updated 5 years ago in Metanx.

Side Effects Predmet 16 MgKXFCM
my mother( 61 yrs ) was advised by doctor to take predmet 16 . so she was taken it . when i take her for eye surgery they have tested blood sugar level . i was shocked because it shows 460 . I want to Know whether predmet 16 tablets will increase blood sugar level ? ## my father is suffering diabetes proximal neoropathy, dr, suggest for starting predmet16 for early improvement, pls suggest me
Updated 5 years ago.

Looking for Metformin 500mg made by APOT
I was taking Metformin 500MG (APOT). This brand is impossible for me to find. I now take Metformin 500MG (TEVA). This brand (TEVA) makes me sick and I have been taking it for one year and my body has not been able to adjust to it. Please help me find the (APOT) brand. It was a oblong-shaped tablet imprinted with APO500 on one side and MET on the other side. Please help me!!!!!! I have tried other brands and they make me even sicker. ## MY DOCTOR PRESCRIBE ME METFORMIN BECAUSE I'M NOT OVULATED SO SINCE I STARTED THE MED, HE MAKES MY SUGAR DOWN, I'M NOT DIEBETES, PLEASE HELP ME
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

What Orcerin Is Used For
I am 59 yrs old and having problems like diabetic and knee pain. Doctos advised me to take Orein 60 mg daily. I hav just started the nedicine. Is there any side effects or contradiction with other nedicnes. ## Orcerin contains the active ingredient Diacerein, it is most commonly used to treat Osteoarthritis. The most common side effects, can include: nausea, dizziness, diarrhea and stomach irritation. As to the contraindications, I really don't have any information on that and it would depend on the specific medications you are asking about. Have you discussed this with your doctor?
Updated 5 years ago.

Lofequik
i m a diabetic patient having scitica for last ten days .doctor suggested some pain killers and lofequik4 if the pain is severe.i now i want to know whether lofequik will affect my kidneys.
Updated 5 years ago.

paragoric availability
I HAVE DIABETIC DIAREA AND BEEN TAKING PARAGORIC SINCE I WAS 16 AND A MONTH AGO THEY STOPPED MAKING IT IN SOUTH CAROLINA TRYING TO FIND A PROVIDER ## It is not longer available, legally, anywhere in the U.S. because it was an Opium based medication. Have you tried consulting with your doctor or pharmacist about finding a viable alternative? ## an alternative as in what? the only thing similar sounds like it is 10x stronger, which makes no sense ## Please check your facts. Paregoric is a LEGAL Schedule III drug. As far as I know, the manufacturer no longer produces it. I cannot find it in Louisiana anymore. ## I am unable to get paragoric here in TN. any more either. I NEED it badly due to a stomach operation. I need to find out WHERE I can obtain it! Please respond.......Can I get it in...
Updated 5 years ago.

NUEROPATHIC PAIN
...JUST WANT TO ASK WHAT IS THE BEST MEDICINE FOR A PERSON WITH NUEROPATHIC PAIN DUE TO DIABETES...for almost two months, my mom suffering from this kasi...tnx!
Updated 5 years ago.

Tablet White Oval
Metformin marked 146-Is this 850MG? ## The answer to your question is yes. This pill is Metformin Hydrochloride (850 mg). PLEASE NOTE: the correct marking is I46, not 146. You can view a detailed description of the drug by clicking on the link below... If you have any more questions or comments to add, please post back so I can further assist you.
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

storvass 40
My husband was taking storvass40 . In feb he had to undergo knee surgery so his diabetic doctor reduced dose to storvass 20. Now can he start storvass 40 again. His recent test lipid profile shows hdl cholestrol as 38.3.. ldl 53.1.. cholestrol [[chod [pod]] 115.8 triglycerides 122.1. vldl 24.4 chol/hdlchol ratio 3.0. ldlchol/hdl chol ratio 1.4 are the readings normal or at a risk level? Can he start of with storvass 40 to bring HDL level high. ## What has his doctor advised? The relevant dosage here might not just depend on his levels, but his overall health and any other medications he may be taking. Therefore it isn't wise to raise the dosage, without his doctor's approval. In addition, is he also watching the amounts and types of cholesterol in his diet?
Updated 5 years ago.

Metformin 500mg ER
I took a Metformin ER 500mg today for the first time but I cut it in half because I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to. I took the first half and then saw that I was supposed to take it whole so I took the other half. I'm just wondering if I'm in any danger? ## Since it is time released tablet, you could get too much of the medication at once, so you will need to watch for the signs of low blood sugar, which could include: dizziness, drowsiness, tremors and fainting. You may want to make sure you have something sweet on hand that can bring it up, fast, such as a small glass or orange juice and then, when feeling better, a sandwich or something to help keep it up longer. Are there any other questions? ## how long / how many hours does metformin ER act? ## AJJAx, they s...
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

pregabalina, for spinal cord damage
I had a laminectomy, T-10-T-11 and there was damage to my spinal cord. I was recently placed on 75mg of Alond, pregabalina to help with possible spinal cord recovery, regeneration. ## Both of the medications you mentioned have been used to treat nerve pain, but there is nothing about them regenerating anything. Pfizer has even abandoned testing of Alond and no longer plans to pursue its production. Who told you they were used for regeneration? ## I have been advised Pregalin m 75 for disc prolapse In l4-l5,and l3-l4,after administering epidural injection, Is the treatment correct,pls reply ## Hello, My spine and muscles on left side got stretched down 4 mnths back....i m on medicines since then. my spine on the left side(dorsal sine felt very loose) and muscles got damaged on the left s...
Updated 5 years ago in Alond.

Melmet 500 Mg Tablet
Can I take Melmet 500 SR for my sugar problem : Fasting - 168 and P.P. - 264 . I am taking one in the morning and one at night along with my food . Is it O.K.? ## What has your doctor advised you to use? Melmet contains the active ingredient Metformin, which is an oral antidiabetic medication. It may cause side effects, such as: nausea, flatulence, stomach pain and low blood sugar. Learn more:
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

Metformin 93 72 14
I take Metformin and recently the doctor prescribed in 500 mg doses. I now have pills with 93 on one side made by TEVA and I have a 1000 mg tab with 93 on one side and 72 14 on the other - who is the mfg of the 1000 mg tablet. I am not having the same results with the 500 mg that i had with the 1000 mg and it is believed the mfg may be the difference. ## Sorry that is one I do not take, I do know mfg. makes aHUGE dif. in how it works,metabolises in organs, I seen this and just had a similar prob. with thyroid meds. Ask dr. change back, may be your body with that brand, fix it,be glad you noticed.:) ## Actually, both of the tablets you have are manufactured by TEVA, the 93 is their former logo and TEVA is their new one, they have been gradually changing the logos on all their medications...
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

Voglibose Metformin
maximum dose of voglibose that can be taken orally by a diabetic ## That is actually something that you will need to discuss with your doctor. No one over the internet can possibly know your medical history or how this drug affects you, as well as the benefits or disadvantages that it provides you. For general information, you can view a description of Voglibose by clicking on the link below...
Updated 5 years ago in Metformin.

small white pill with GG on one half of pill and 771 on the other half of pill
small round yellow pill with 93 ontop of pill and 832 on bottom half of pill nothing but a split line on the other side ## The pill in description marked GG 771 is Glipizide (5 mg); which is an oral medium-to-long acting anti-diabetic drug from the sulfonylurea class. To view information about this drug, please click on the link below... The other pill which you are describing marked 93 832 is Clonazepam (0.5 mg); which is a benzodiazepine derivative with highly potent anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant, and anxiolytic properties. To learn more click on the link below... If you have any other questions or concerns, please post back and I will be happy to assist you.
Updated 5 years ago in Glipizide.

Can I Discontinue Glycomet 500
my fasting sugar ranges between 98-108 and 2 hours after food it comes between 120-140. for previous 2 months i have been taking the tables glycomet.I am doing exercise on daily basis apart form swimming. can i discontinue the medicine ## Have you consulted your doctor about this? When you are diabetic, it is very important that you discuss such issues, with your doctor, before stopping any medication. Out of control blood sugar levels can cause serious medical complications. At this point, while your readings have improved, it could be because the medication is doing its job and if you stop taking it, they may steadily start to rise, again.
Updated 5 years ago.