Celebrex Forums

Recently active Celebrex forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Celebrex and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Popular Threads

Recently Active Discussions

Page of 4    Next Page     New Thread    RSS Feed
Celebrex 100 mg headache and "drugged" feeling
I took my first 100 mg Celebrex for arthritis on disk at 4 pm and while it took pain away right away,I felt headache and spacey - kind of like drugged and laid on the couch rest of day. It took until 10am next day to feel more like myself. Is this normal? I don't want to take again tonight since we are going out and don't want to feel spacey! i would prefer to try a 50 mg or cut pill but pharmacist says it doesn't come in 50mg and can't be cut. Is this a normal side effect? ## Yes, those can be normal side effects of this medication. You may also experience nausea, drowsiness, dry mouth, and mood changes. And there is a 50mg capsule available, but your pharmacist can't give it to you, unless your doctor prescribes it. However, the side effects should go away, with ti...
Updated 13 days ago.

Decilone for chronic head ache.
When i have this shoulder pain, it seems it also gives me a head ache. I took celebrex 200mg. The pain would go away only for 12 hours. Then back again. I have been taking it for 4 days now, once a day only. Can i take decilone forte instead of celebrex?
Updated 16 days ago.

Ciplar vs Celebrex
Is 'Ciplar 421' the generic for Celebrex? I recently started taking this brand and am not familiar with it. I had just noticed this on the capsule. I take it for arthritis. ## Yes, Cipla USA lists this capsule as containing 200mgs of Celecoxib, which is a generic for Celebrex. The FDA lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, and stomach irritation. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 month ago.

Does Celebrex Stop Working After A Month
When I had my prescription filled the pharmacist mentioned that at some point I may feel like it's not working anymore - She said that it would be a mistake to stop taking it. Does that mean it will kick in again after some time? ## Our bodies do tend to get used to anything we take over a long period of time, according to NIH reports, but there is no specific time frame that can be applied. it can vary from person to person. And no, it will usually not start working, again, unless you take a break from it, and try something else for awhile, in the meantime. How is it working for you, so far? Has there been any change?
Updated 1 month ago.

Depression & celebrex
I have been on Celebrex for just over 6 months now. My Rheumatologist has had a heck of a time figuring out what exactly is wrong with me. So here it goes: for the longest time now I have been having flares, my muscles all stiffen up & spasm, which makes it hard to move. Joints hurt, but only because of the stiffness. I do not get restorative sleep and end up with depression quite badly. Energy level-zero. Heart race when I walk up the stairs (BTW Im 31 & weigh 135 & am 5'7' so its not related to my physical fitness). So Im stuck with this on again off again cycle that just about kills me. Suicide has been a big thought. So here's the kicker, being on the Celebrex has stopped all of the fatigue & mental issues. I have gone off and gone back on quite a few tim...
Updated 2 months ago.

Celebrex and Venlafaxine
What happens when you stop taking celebrex with venlafaxine? Does it get stronger or what? I read there is an interaction between them. Been on both for the same amount of time (for 4 months).
Updated 3 months ago.

xaralto vs celebrex??
My son was diagnosed with many small blood clots in his lungs, Dr perscribed xaralta but advised him to discontinue his celebrex drug. He is suffering greatly over entire body with stiffness and pain from his head to his toes, What can he take to replace celebrex or can he go back on celebrex or is he getting reaction to the xalareto?
Updated 3 months ago.

Code no hr drugs 325 osp h
I ordered this drug under the name of Celebrex from a Canadian pharmacy and it was over the counter. When I look at other Canadian pharmacies you need a prescription for all of them. What is this product? ## Hi pat - can you please clarify what is meant by the title you used "Code no hr drugs 325 osp h" ? Is this what is actually written on your medication label? Can you please say exactly what the label says if that is not the case? Some drugs are considered over the counter in other countries, whereas other pharmacies may have a similar drug which requires a prescription. Can you please share as many details as you can about the drug in question? ## That is what is on the packaging that it came in. It was packaged 10 to a package as they are small. That is the only markings. #...
Updated 3 months ago.

Problems with Celebrex
I was forced to start taking the generic Celebrex about 4-6 months ago. I have taken Celebrex for many years! I've had a couple of U/A's come back with traces of blood in my urine and wondering if this could be related to the drug?!
Updated 5 months ago.

what is epleptin used for .
I have been prescribed Eplepton for extremely restless legs which cause insomnia. In addition my thyroid has gone from being underactive to overactive so therefore my meds were reduced. I also over a period weaned myself off one tramacet and one celebrex which I took every night for approximately three years for neck pain. I discontinued taking these two tablets as I was extremely sleepy during the day. Lastly I was prescribed urbanol for depression as well which I also weaned myself off soon after discontinuing the use of tramacet and celebrex. My question to you is this ... is it safe to take Eplepton 1 nightly, 100mg when five years ago I had a stroke and subsequently two heart episodes. I really have a dilemma currently. Thank you.
Updated 11 months ago.

Celebrex fibromyalgia
Has anyone had a side effect with Celebrex that makes u feel more anxious and spasms in your back. I have only been on this med for four days and I can't tolerate what I'm feeling, any suggestions would be helpful ## It just might not be the right medication for you. Most medications have been known to cause the opposite of their intended effects in small percentage of the people that take them. Learn more Celebrex details here. You might want to check and see what your other options are for treatment. Are there any other questions or comments? ## Thank you for your response, it just so happens that I was taken off Celebrex due to the side affects and am now on Ultram and I feel human again, I appreciate the help and support that you've given me ## I have been taking Celebre...
Updated 1 year ago.

Celebrex and alcohol
I am planning to attend a family wedding this coming weekend. I have been on Celebrex for possible arthritis in my knees for about a week. One capsule, once a day. I would like to have a few glasses of wine at the wedding! Should I stop taking Celebrex for a few days and then begin use again after the wedding? How long does the Celebrex typically stay in your system? Is definitely working and helping me be able to wake up every morning with that stiffness in my joints! But I don't want to drink while on it.
Updated 1 year ago.

generic celebrex
I have been taking Celebrex and now my prescription plan sends me generic and it is not working for me, I am miserable. Are all generics from different companies all the same? ## Hello, Lizzie! How are you? What types of symptoms are you experiencing? No, not all generics are the same. Under the Hatch-Waxman Act of 1984, they are allowed to differ from the name brand, in the amount of the active ingredient, by as much as plus or minus 20%. They also do not have to measure against each other, only against the name brand, so one generic may be a little higher or lower in the amount of the active ingredient than the next. Usually, the differences are minute and your body will adjust after a week or so. How long have you been taking this new one? What are the markings on it?
Updated 1 year ago.

celebrex and Xarelto!
I take Xarelto for AFib. Also, just started Celebrex for arthritis and Fibro pain. Is this a dangerous combination? ## Hello, Ann! How are you? The main interaction I found listed is the bleeding risk, since Celebrex can also increase the risk of blood thinning and bleeding, as side effects, according to the FDA. That doesn't mean they cannot be taken together, if your doctor has prescribed them both, but you should be aware of the risks and your doctor should carefully calculate your dosage to be careful, plus they should be monitoring your regularly, in case any problems develop. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 year ago.

celebrex expiration date
My celebrex has been in a cool dark place dated 5/19/2004. Are they still good? ## Hello, Bill! How are you? Medications do lose effectiveness with time, even in the original factory sealed containers, most are only good for 4 to 5 years, thus it would be best to dispose of it and see your doctor, if you need a new prescription. The FDA lists the typical side effects of this medication as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache and stomach irritation. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 year ago.

metocarbamol what is it
My. Other takes Celebrex and methocarbanol will be better to take just declofenis sodium in stead of the Celebrex and methocarbanol? Please advice she is 82 year old, with cevear osthioporosis and neuralgiaz. Thankyou ## Hello, Chapis! How is your mother? Methocarbamol is classified by the FDA as a muscle relaxant. It's used to relieve the pain associated strains, sprains and spasms. Its typical side effects may possibly include nausea, dizziness, dry mouth and headache. Diclofenac is in the same drug class as Celebrex, so it will not replace both of them. Its typical side effects are listed as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, increased risk of bleeding and stomach irritation. Which has her doctor prescribed?
Updated 1 year ago.

Celebrex, stomach, upset, food
Hi I've been taking Celecoxib 100mg for 4 months now, it works great for my chronic pain but recently I've noticed it is making my stomach upset? Like diarrhea wise. Is it because I'm not taking it with enough food? Maybe my body has built up a resistance? But I still feel no pain in my shoulder so I'm not sure. I take it twice daily with food. Any comments are appreciated. I'm a 16 year old female with CRMO (chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis). ## Hello, Loosy! How are you? Stomach irritation is a very typical side effect of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications and sometimes, it still happens, even if you take it with food. The FDA lists its other side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness and headache. Have you consulted your doctor? You may...
Updated 1 year ago.

celebrex 200mg from 2014
I have celebrex 200mg from 2014, could I still use these? ## Hello, Merry! How are you? This medication doesn't become toxic after the expiration date, but it does lose effectiveness and probably won't work as well as it did, when new. Thus, it would be best to see your doctor for a new prescription. The FDA lists the typical side effects of this medication as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, increased risk of bleeding and stomach irritation. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 year ago.

Celebrex for fibromyalgia
I was just prescribed Celebrex for fibromyalgia pain & need to know if I can still take melatonin for sleep ## Melatonin is an over the counter supplement and, as such, it is generally considered safe, but it has not been tested for possible interactions with medications. Learn more Celebrex details here. Learn more Melatonin details here. Is that the only medication you take? How much is the Melatonin dosage? ## I take 5mg at night & no other prescriptions just B12 & D cause I also have Multiple Sclerosis aren't I lucky ## 3mg melatonin 200mg celecoxib
Updated 1 year ago.

Excessive sweating
Celebrex made me sweat excessively on my scalp, so I had to stop using it. I used it for a few years 200mg per day, for arthritis and broken ankle and a very bad back. Will coxflam have the same side effect ## Hello, Bets! How are you? Coxflam contains the active ingredient Meloxicam, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory. The FDA lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache and stomach irritation. That said, the only way to discover if it will cause the same issue is by trying it. That's not a typical side effect that it's been known to cause, though. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 year ago.

Discuss Celebrex

Discuss: Celebrex

5) Text Verification: *

TRUSTe

Note: All times displayed are GMT - 7.

This information has been independently compiled and is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a qualified healthcare professional; nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For more details please see the Medical Disclaimer. Site content is Copyright © 2005-2017 MedsChat.com and is protected under U.S. and International Copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. This page was last updated on 12 July 2017.

We are committed to your privacy.

Copyright © 2005-2017 All Rights Reserved. MedsChat® and The People's Medicine Community® are registered trademarks of Limelight Innovations L.L.C.