Drug Index:

Atarax Forums

Recently active Atarax forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Atarax and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 2  Next Page    New Thread     RSS Feed
Iterax 10 mg tab
Iterax 10 mg tab ## i was given iterax because of my nervousness and anxiety. the side effect is that i get sleepy. ## The correct name is actually Aterax, here's the link to the monograph with more information: ## my dermatologist prescribed Iterax 10 mg 3x/day because of certain skin disorders. after 2 days on this medicine, presto! the irritation had subsided. the only negative effect is that the drug makes me sleepy! now i understand why the doctor asked me if a drive... ## i cant sleep because of anxiety ..can i take iterax every night ? ## i have a nervous,or sometimes a hypertension. my doctors prescribed me to take iterax 10mg. it makes me sleep when everytime i take it. ## my daughter has allergies like hives probably caused by heat or pollen. she was given iterax 10mg to b...
Updated 28 days ago.
   11  Subscribe to thread 175078
the doctor told me to use atarax for 3 months but when i it feel dizzy and always hungry
When ever I use water my face hand it become swollen and red and sometimes my whole body, went to see dermatologist, described me Atarax to use continually for 3 months, I used it for 1 month but whenever I use it I get dizziness and heartbeat very fast and always hungry and still I feel weak please need help with my situation I am still getting swollen face and red for 5 min and goes please help me
Updated 1 month ago.
Atarax 2mg/ml syrup
Hi there, we are travelling in US with our 4 and half year old daughter who suffers from severe chronic urticaria. We had enough atarax to last us the trip but just broke a full bottle, so are ten days short ( she takes 4.5 ml three times a day). Any suggestions about what we could get over the counter in US? Thanks ## Hello, Laura! How is your daughter? The one available over the counter that is most commonly used for children is Zyrtec, there is both name brand and store brand/generics available. It contains the antihistamine Cetirizine, which is related to the Atarax, but you should check with a doctor to make sure that it is safe for her to take. The side effects are also similar and may include dizziness, drowsiness and dry mouth. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 1 month ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 270146
Banocide Forte with alcohol use
I am on treatment with banocide forte for elevated eosinophils for last 20days.i used to have 100 ml of brandy every day evening before starting this medicine. can I have occasional drink while taking this medicine .please advise ## i am on treatment with boncide forte for infection in testis,any side effets with this? ## This medication contains Diethylcarbamazine, which is an antihelmintic, so it treats parasitic infections. Learn more Diethylcarbamazine details here. And drinking alcohol, while taking it, could result in worsening of the side effects, such as nausea, dizziness and drowsiness. Are there any other questions? ## i hav a alleries in my whole body frm 2 week...and doctor prescribed me banocide tablet for 21 days 3 tmes a day..this medicene only we can get in india and nep...
Updated 6 months ago.
   3  Subscribe to thread 230496
functons in sleeping for taking iterax 25mg
functions of iterax25mg for good sleep ## fdgfdsa ## It doesnt help. Im still up til morning. ## I believe you men atarax, it's really not a strong drug it is also written for anxiety it has an antihistamine base to it. ask your dr. if you can take Benadryl with it, depending on your condition if you are not a pain patient and you otherwise healthy ask for ambien or lunesta, if you have insurance I hope but those 2 ambien and lunesta are expensive , but heck they've bbeen out awhile so maybe there is a generic.
Updated 10 months ago.
   3  Subscribe to thread 203217
atarax, a benzodiazepine?
atarax, a relaxant...what kind? ## THIS IS NOT A BENZODIAZEPINE! Hydoxyzine Info Click Here Atarax is Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, it can release some anxiety and tension, relieve nausea, and has several other uses, but it is NOT a Benzo. ## Can hydroxyzine hcl work for insomnia during klonopin withdrawal?
Updated 11 months ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 173191
Expiration Date On Atarax
Can someone tell how long can atarax stay good for please??? ## Hello Med01, Based on my research, U.S. prescription medications are required to have a mandatory expiration date of 1 year from the date the prescription is filled. After a year is up, the medication should still be safe but it will start to lose its potency and can no longer be as effective. However, there are some medications that can become dangerous after they expire. That being said, it's best to not take any medication after its expiration date. Do you have the package that the Atarax came in, or do you remember when the prescription was filled? You can learn more about this drug on the page for Atarax Details I hope this info helps! ## The date is 2011 it's still in the bottle it came in I just wasn't s...
Updated 1 year ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 246276
iterax 2mgml syrup
dosage &administration ## how many ml do i give my 6year old kid and how many times per day? ## Atarax contains the active ingredient Hydroxyzine, this is an antihistamine, used to treat allergic reactions and sometimes insomnia. As to the dosing, it really needs to be calibrated according to your child's age, weight, other medical conditions, other medications they may be on and etc. Therefore it should not be given unless prescribed by your doctor and following their exact instructions. Since this site is not medical professionals and don't know any of this information, it would be remiss of us to make any recommendations. Some of the most common side effects for this medication include: nausea, drowsiness, dry mouth and dizziness. You can read more about it here: Was this...
Updated 1 year ago.
   8  Subscribe to thread 184083
ATARAX
## PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS DRUG IS MOST COMINLY USED FOR ## See quoted text below: Atarax is an antihistamine used to relieve the symptoms of common anxiety and tension and, in combination with other medications, to treat anxiety that results from physical illness. It also relieves itching from allergic reactions and can be used as a sedative before and after general anesthesia. Antihistamines work by decreasing the effects of histamine, a chemical the body releases that narrows air passages in the lungs and contributes to inflammation. Antihistamines reduce itching and swelling and dry up secretions from the nose, eyes, and throat. ## my daughter has recently put on 25mg of atarax she isonly 11yrs old and was 10 at the time it was perscribed to her. she had been having panic attacks, ...
Updated 1 year ago.
   4  Subscribe to thread 157458
saboxone and atarax
is it safe to take both at the same time? ## Hi Sunshine, Unfortunately, my findings state that there are potentially unsafe interactions between these two drugs. Quoted below are the precautions you should be aware of: "Using (suboxone) buprenorphine together with (atarax) hydroxyzine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to ...
Updated 1 year ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 240779
adderex
side effects ## My best guess is that you were asking about Atarax. Is that correct? You can learn more Atarax details here. It contains the active ingredient Hydroxyzine, which is an antihistamine that has several medical uses, including treating allergic reactions, anxiety and as a sedative.
Updated 1 year ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 186617
Over The Counter Substite For Atarax
Over the counter substitute for Atarax ## Atarax contains the active ingredient Hydroxyzine, which is an antihistamine. Since I do not know your medical history, I cannot guess why your doctor may have prescribed it; but it is used to treat allergies, prevent nausea, to treat anxiety as well as some other conditions. In order to recommend a good substitute, one would essentially need to know "why" you're taking this medication in the first place. If you could please post back with more information that would great. I hope this helps!
Updated 1 year ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 243175
How Many Atarx 10mg Pills Do i Take
i am 190 pounds how many 10mg atarax pills do i take? ## Hi Jewelz, May I ask for what reason you might be taking this drug? Since this drug seems to have a number of different uses, the dosing instructions are also dependent upon the condition more so than weight. Example: "The usual pediatric dose for anxiety is 50 to 100 mg orally per day in divided doses The alternative dosing regime that is listed for anxiety is 2 mg/kg/day divided every 6 to 8 hours The usual pediatric dose for sedation is 0.6 mg/kg/dose" If you could please post back with the condition you're taking it for, I can better determine what is considered to be a typical dose for someone in that weight range. I hope this helps! ## Hi Jewelz, The dosing information for Atarax varies depending on the condition...
Updated 1 year ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 242678
Antiallergic and hypothyroid
i had swelling ,itching in my palm( like mosquito bites small red swelling)feet face and even scalp nearly two years before.when met a skin specialist he told it as food alergy and treated with many drugs like atarax, dazit,mebryl,inbetween with wyslone.fed up with poor results after two years i left medication but maintained restriction in diet .i m asthmatic too .now presently diagnosed as hypothyroid,blood tsh 7,t40.29,t3 also .i m taking thyronorm100mg and banocide.after taking i started geting ithching and red patches like before.can i take mebryl last taken drug ?.what is the allergy i m suffering from?
Updated 2 years ago.
Defcort 30
I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED NEUROGENIC CLAUDIFICATION. MY DOC HAS PRESCRIBED DEFCORT 30. IS IT EFFECTIVEIN NC . WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS. HOW MUCH MG PER DAY IT SHOULD BE STARTED WITH . ## i have a skin problem like red spots all of my body my dro has prescribed DEFCORT 30 and atarax 25 mg is it effective and what are the side effect. how much mg per day it should be started with. and how long we use it
Updated 3 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 215001
Small Round White Pill With 60e On One Side And Pa The Other
i take atarax and effexor in perscription form. i recieved a pill says it is attarax but looks nothing like my old atarax pills/ the size looks like the zertex but i cant be sure. it is small and round has 60E imbedded on one side and PA on the other side ## I believe the marking you are looking at may actually be 308 PA and, if so, yes it does contain 25mgs of Hydroxyzine, the active ingredient in Aterax. It is an antihistamine that is used to treat allergic reactions and some forms of anxiety. Learn more: Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 3 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 218528
Tablet Atarax 10mg
i have gto iching in between two legs and also near my back hole since 6 months so shall i take this atarx10 mg tab and how much in a day,please reply
Updated 3 years ago.
how much tablets should we take?
my friend take this atarax pills to treat her allergy,can i know how much pills should she take once?
Updated 3 years ago.
Dexa Injection
AT 5 MNTHS PREGNANCY IT WAS FOUND SOME PLACENTA PROBLEM IN MY BODY.AFTER TREATMENT IT NOW GOES 8 CM AVOVE.NOW DOC IS TELLING TO TAKE 2 DEXA INJECTION ON 32 WEEKS AT 12 HRS INTERVAL.I WANT TO KNOW IS IT NECESSARY? WHAT WILL BE THE FUNCTION OF THIS INJECTION? IN WHICH POSITIO SHOULD I TAKE IT? AT KOLKATA WHERTE I CAN GET IT/ REGARDS, ## Im suffering from skin allergy{itching all over the body, skin getting red at the area of itching} from past one week, and a doctor suggested me this dexa injection twice a day n tablet atarax twice a day for about a week. can the injection really cure my skin allergy????
Updated 3 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 216395
Allergic reaction to Chymoral Forte
For pain in the lymph gland in the armpit, the Dr. prescribed Chymoral Plus with Ceftum. I developed severe allergy with rashes all over the body with severe itch. Dr. is now treating me for allergy with Atarax and Dazit. I am not getting relief. Has Chymoral caused the allergy?
Updated 3 years ago.

1  2 Next >>

Discuss Atarax

Discuss: Atarax

1) Title / Subject: *
Please use the title to feature the main keywords of your topic.

2) Message: *
Please be as detailed as possible.

3) Your Name: *