Antibiotics Forums

Recently active Antibiotics forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Antibiotics and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Popular Threads

Recently Active Discussions

Page of 323    Next Page     New Thread    RSS Feed
Effect of Bactrim DS with coffee
I usually have one cup of coffee with breakfast and I don't take this medication till one hour later. I've only been taking it for two days and had no problem. So is it okay to continue having my morning cup of coffee? ## There isn't usually any problem. The FDA lists the typical side effects of this medication as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash. Has your doctor, or pharmacist told you not to enjoy coffee, while taking it? Are you on any other medications?
Updated 3 hours ago in Bactrim.

Aurobindo amoxicillin
I have Celiac Disease and was just prescribed this drug. Is it gluten free? Thank you! ## Hello, Barbara! How are you? What are the markings on them? I'm sorry, but I need more information, in order to check the details for you. Can you please post back and clarify? Thank you! The FDA lists the typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash.
Updated 3 hours ago in Amoxicillin.

sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim - is it too strong
My mom was diagnosed with a UTI infection. She was just released from the hospital after getting a plural catheter. She has been so weak and tired. Will this medication get rid of a UTI? And will it interfere with her current meds? I want to make sure it's not too strong for her. She is 91 and weighs 117 pounds. ## What medications is she currently taking? I'm sorry, but I can speak to any interference, without knowing more specific details. Can you please post back and clarify? Thank you! The FDA lists the typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash.
Updated 4 hours ago in Trimethoprim.

Amoxicillin Clavulanate 875 mg for mercer (MRSA) bacteria
I have an infection on my arm near the elbow. What medication is used to treat the infection called mercer? Will Amoxicillin Clavulanate 875 mg suffice? ## Has your doctor prescribed it for you to treat MRSA? It is sometimes used to eradicate it. The FDA lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, non-allergic skin rash, and diarrhea. Are you on any other medications? Are you sure it is MRSA?
Updated 4 hours ago in Amoxicillin + Clavulanate Potassium.

13 YEAR OLD GRANDSON-EAR INFECTION
Our grandson was prescribed the liquid pink Amoxicillin recently. He is 13 years old and quite capable of swallowing pills. Why would a doctor prescribe this method to someone this age? Also, when the doctor was told that the boy was leaving, the next day, on a trip and there was no way to refrigerate this med, we were told that he would get it in it's powdered form and it could be mixed with sterile water. WTH, why not just prescribe an antibiotic in pill form? I don't understand this kind of stupidity! ## The pills tend to taste horrible, so it is often easier to get a child of this age to swallow a flavored liquid. It doesn't mean the doctor is being stupid, but rather that they are trying to ensure the child will take all of it, as prescribed. The FDA lists its typical s...
Updated 4 hours ago in Amoxicillin.

Switching from ofloxacin to zithromax
I have been taking ofloxacin 400mg for 10 days now and I think it's not working that well for me. The last time I took it was this morning. Can i switch right away to zithromax 500mg in the evening? ## You can, if your doctor has instructed you to do so. Why don't you think it is working well for you? Has there been any change in the infection being treated? The NIH lists the typical antibiotic side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, non-allergic skin rash, and diarrhea. Are you on any other medications?
Updated 4 hours ago in Ofloxacin.

Pentids 800mg alternative
For the past 15 years my mother used to take Pentids 800mg, but now the tablets are not available in markets. Can anyone please tell me if there is a related alternative to Pentids containing Penicillin G? ## She can take any antibiotic that also contains Penicillin in the same dosage. The NIH lists the typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, non-allergic skin rash, and diarrhea. Has her doctor told her to continue this medication for this long? That is very unusual, if so. Is she on any other medications?
Updated 4 hours ago in Penicillin.

what is ciprofloxacin used for
Hi I have been taking Biotech Ciprofloxacin 500mg for my inflammed uterus.Do u think this drug would help my condition and help me to conceive soon.This has been prescribed by my doctor. ## Hello, Brown Sugar! How are you doing? This is an antibiotic that's used to treat bacterial infections, which could be the cause of an inflamed uterus and that would require treatment, before you can become pregnant. Its side effects may include nausea, dizziness, non-allergic skin rash and diarrhea. Is there anything else I can help with? ## What do u mean by pregnant? What if this problem happen to male ? ## I was taking biotech ciprofloxacin 500 when I finish i saw the itchy discharge what does that means
Updated 5 hours ago in Ciprofloxacin.

Can You Take Keflex An Methadone
i have some keflex left over from an infection my husband had but i take methadone 10mg tablets 3 -3 times per day so 90 mg. daily for back pain can i take the keflex 500mg. for my toothache i can't see my dentist till tuesday this is friday would like to try to get infection under control so the pain will decrease an possibly have it removed when i see dentist on tuesday ## I didn't find any interactions or problems listed between the 2 medications, but you might want to check with a pharmacist, or doctor to be sure. Learn more Keflex details here. The main problem to worry about is the fact that you only have part of a prescription, so while it may be enough to start helping, it might not be enough to completely eradicate the infection, which could result in your developing an...
Updated 17 hours ago in Keflex.

is it safe for pregnant women to take betamox
I missed my period by 60 days now, then I had the flu and the doctor gave me betamox yesterday, but I woke up bleeding. ## Are you sure that you are pregnant? There are many other reasons a woman may miss periods, the NIH lists various causes, including stress, being ill, being underweight, being extremely active, being on various medications, and others. Betamox is an antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections. The NIH lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash. Has there been any change in the bleeding? ## I'm sure I was pregnant because I did do the test, but unfortunately the bleeding continued and I had a miscarriage. I'm not sure though if it was caused by the Tablets
Updated 1 day ago.

Allergic to Metronidazole
Can I take Sulfamethoxazole if I'm allergic to Metronidazole? I'm sick (with diarrhea) but want to make sure I won't get sicker. ## They are different medications, but there is always a chance that you may discover other medications you are allergic to, according to NIH warnings. Diarrhea can be a normal side effect of antibiotics, so that may also worsen. You could also experience nausea, dizziness, headache, and non-allergic skin rash. Has there been any change? Are you on any other medications? Do you suffer from any diagnosed medical conditions?
Updated 1 day ago in Sulfamethoxazole.

Levofloxacine
Hellow, levofloxacine was prescribed 4 month ago for lymph node's inflamation(for 10 days), today doctor prescribed od-levox 500 mg again for infection (for 5 days).As I know that medication has serious side effect s and I am interested if there is any possibility of danger.Thanks. ## They both contain the same active ingredient, Levofloxacin, which is an antibiotic that is used to treat various types of bacterial infections. The NIH lists the typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, dry mouth, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash. Have you started taking it, yet?
Updated 1 day ago in Levofloxacin.

betamox during pregnancy
My cousin took betamox last night around 3AM in the morning. She started bleeding and she is only 8 weeks pregnant, could something be wrong with her baby? ## Hello, Motso! If she's bleeding, she needs to see a doctor immediately, both her life and the life of the baby could be in danger. Betamox contains the active ingredient Amoxicillin, it's just an antibiotic that's used to treat infections. While she shouldn't take it, unless her doctor tells her that it's okay, it won't usually cause such bleeding. Learn more Betamox details here. Its normal side effects may include nausea, dizziness, non-allergic skin rash and diarrhea. Does she have a doctor she can see? ## I am 7 weeks pregnant and I experienced a small amount of blood. My doctor gave me betamox. Will it...
Updated 1 day ago in Amoxicillin.

Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Potassium Clavulanate details
I have this medicine (Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Potassium Clavulanate) and would like to know what it is used for? ## This is an antbiotic that is used to treat or prevent various types of bacterial infections. The NIH lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, non-allergic skin rash, and diarrhea. Are you on any other medications?
Updated 1 day ago in Cefpodoxime.

Flucloxacillin for rash treatment
How long does it take for a rash to go away after starting Flucloxacillin? I have had the rash for three days. ## When I experience one from an antibiotic, it took about 2 weeks to full clear up. The NIH warns that you may also experience nausea, dizziness, headache, and diarrhea. Has there been any change? Are you still taking it?
Updated 1 day ago.

Comezón enla piel de mi hijo de 7 años
Con le dedos comezón y le salen como granitos chiquitos está medicina q tiene el sulfamethoxazole dela dieron pero no recuerdo para q para eso le sirve?
Updated 1 day ago in Sulfamethoxazole.

How Long Does The Antibiotic Levofloxacin Stay In Your System
I will be taking Levofloxcin 500mg for 10 days. How long will it stay in my system after finishing the medicine? ## I was taking levofoxcin 500mg for 5 days. How long will it stay in my system after finishing the Medicine? ## Several days, but not very long, since that is not a long time to be taking it. Learn more Levofloxacin details here. Did you have some trouble with it, or experience some bad side effects? ## I was prescribed 10 tablets 500mg each for a broncial infection, 1 tablet daily. After taking 4 tablets, I experienced severe axiety attacks or panic attacks. I stopped and went back to my doctor who told me to finish them. After taking another for 2 days, ( 2 more), it started over again, only more severe than before. I stopped for good. ## I have used 1x500mg levofloxacin-w...
Updated 1 day ago in Levofloxacin.

Will the amoxicillian do the trick?
I have a gum infection and my dentist put me on amoxicillin 500 3Xday. I have been on it for 5 days and the gums look and feel fine but the xray still shows a pocket of infection beside the tooth. The gum drained within 24 hrs. of being on the meds and has not reformed a pus sack on the gum. I only have 2 days left of the prescription. Will it be enough? My dentist thinks the infection was caused by something entering under the gum ( probably popcorn ). Thank you ## Hello, Kathy! How are you doing? Has there been any change? It is hard to say, you may need a longer course of antibiotic to fully remove the abscess. The FDA lists the typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash.
Updated 2 days ago in Amoxicillin.

How long do I wait between taking penicillin & zyrtec-D
I was taking penicillin and now I'm having problems with my sinus. It has been a day since I last took the penicillin. Is it okay for me to take Zyrtec-D? ## I didn't find any problems or interactions listed in the NIH databases, but it is always best to double check. The FDA does warn that the typical side effects of antibiotics may include nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 2 days ago in Penicillin.

Azithromycin and Norco combination safety
I'm on Azithromycin and need to take Norco 10/325 (only half pill) - Is this dangerous? I read something about the combination prolonging QT interval. ## I didn't find any interactions, or contraindications listed in the NIH databases, but it is always best to double check to be safe. The FDA does warn that Norco carries the risk of being habit forming and may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness, headache, constipation, and dry mouth. Have they both been prescribed for you?
Updated 2 days ago in Azithromycin.

Discuss Antibiotics

Discuss: Antibiotics

5) Text Verification: *

TRUSTe

Note: All times displayed are GMT - 7.

This information has been independently compiled and is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a qualified healthcare professional; nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For more details please see the Medical Disclaimer. Site content is Copyright © 2005-2017 MedsChat.com and is protected under U.S. and International Copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. This page was last updated on 26 June 2017.

We are committed to your privacy.

Copyright © 2005-2017 All Rights Reserved. MedsChat® and The People's Medicine Community® are registered trademarks of Limelight Innovations L.L.C.